Eight

Eight

As we drove, or I guess I should say, as Knight drove and I bawled my eyes out in the passenger seat hiding my sniffles with the radio, it began to downpour. The rain beat down on the windshield as the wipers went as fast as they could go. I was hiding my face in my sweatshirt so that he wouldn't glance over and see the tears staining my cheeks.

"Renee, the rains coming down too hard to keep driving without getting into an accident." He said turning down the radio and glancing at my huddled figure. "There's a little motel a couple miles ahead of us. It's getting late so if you wanted we could stay there until the morning."

I glanced out the window. I hadn't even noticed that it had gotten darker, only that it was raining hard, and that I was still crying, even after several hours of driving. I couldn't hold back. I hadn't cried this hard since my mother disappeared. Or maybe it was when. . . when . . . well when something. Effectively wiping my cheeks as I sat up, I turned to him. His eyes showed no hint that he might think I had been crying.

"So, you want to stay in a hotel?" I asked. Was that really such a good idea to be in a room with him? He was extremely handsome, perfectly toned abs, They had to be a glorious site, they felt utterly amazing through the thin material of his shirt. And it's not like anything other than a one night stand, I wouldn't allow it to go any further than that. But he.... no. Stop. I couldn't be having thoughts like that. What was I thinking? I could feel a blush coming into my cheeks.

"On-only if we have separate rooms. There is now way, whatsoever, that I would ever want to share a room with you. Especially with how you acted last night. And your whole werewolf crazy fiasco thing earlier."

"Hey, the werewolf 'crazy fiasco thing' as you called it, isn't that at all. It's my life. It's who I am. And the way I acted the other night was because of my wolf. I barely had any control over him when I first saw you. I also couldn't control him when he marked you." He waved his hand to mine.

I huffed, blowing the hair that had fallen into my eyes out of the way. "Either way Wolf Boy, I refuse to sleep in the same room as you, where you might do something to me. And.... wait. Marked me?! What the hell do you mean 'mark' me? I'm not cattle that you can brand because you feel like it, nor am I anyone's property. Let alone yours."

"Fine, I'll try to get us separate rooms, if not you can lock yourself in the bathroom. Is that a fair deal?" He was avoiding the mark question and accusations.

"Fine. But soon, And I mean within the next hour, I want answers," We had pulled up to the tiny motel. From what I could see through the downpour there were only a couple of rooms, and most of them had their lights on. Great.

"I'll be right back," He opened the car door. "And by the way, the name is Knight, not Wolf Boy." He smirked and winked before closing the door and walking into the tiny building.

I sighed and closed my eyes. What had my father gotten me into? I was in a strange place, in an unknown town, with a mysteriously hot boy who seemed to only have eyes for me. Or at least that's what I was secretly wishing. But even though my body was craving this man, my mind knew perfectly well how dangerous any kind of relationship with him could be. It was also very flattering to know that such an irresistible human being, if that's what he really was, could find me in any way shape or form attractive.

I screamed as a tap came from the window by my head. My heart racing as at first I couldn't distinguish the features of the person outside. But, as they opened the door I let out my breathe. It was only Knight. He was holding two room keys, and not a very impressed expression.

"I'm sorry, Renee. They only have one open room. They told me that it only has one bed, a Kingsize. I'll take the floor, and you can have the bed. Don't worry, I won't try anything. I give you my word as an Alpha." He had two bags in his hand. One looked eerily similar to my overnight bag, the one I had not brought with me from the house. The other was a brown leather satchel, it looked almost black with all the rain.