Two

Two

Running through the first floor halls, I could hear a very angry growl coming from behind me. I knew this hospital inside and out though. There were several corridors, and many different twists and turns. That exquisitely handsome, attra... no, I had to stop thinking of that lethal man, and get away. He was nothing but trouble, and I wanted nothing to do with him.

As I ran up yet another flight of stairs I could hear the banging of the door below me as he made his way into the staircase. Glancing down I saw a flash of jet black fur racing up after me. Without a second thought I pushed through the door in front of me and into the hall on the third floor, my heart beating faster.

Was that thing in the stairwell that incredibly attractive guy who'd tried to seduce me in the rec room? Possibly. But how? And where was everyone? There should be nurses and doctors running around, even at this late hour. There were always patients in need of assistance.

Yet, the entire time I had been on the run, I had not heard nor seen anything resembling another human being. I stopped to catch my breath, looking around to see if there was any place I could hide. To my right was a closet, no window in the door. Perfect.

I could hear the pounding of my heart in my ears as I tried to quiet the sound of my heavy breathing. As I backed up away from the door of the supply closet I hit a shelf, causing a few cans to rattle. The unmistakable click of claws against the tiled floor of the hall caused me to hold my breath before the monster outside the door moved on.

A few minutes passed before I heard the sound of paws and claws disappear around a nearby corner. I let my breath out in a small sigh, briefly listening to hear if he had come back.

Creeping out of the closet I glanced up and down the hall. Once again not hearing or seeing anything. I dashed down the hall in the opposite direction of the man... beast, could it have been one in the same?

Turning the corner I felt a pair of strong arms encircle my waist, pinning my arms to my sides, and pulling me back against a muscular chest. I struggled against the hold, too out of breath to try and scream. Finding that I couldn't move my arms I began to lash out with my feet and legs. I felt him laugh as I continued to struggle.

I tried to focus on escaping, and not the heat that was seeping through the thin layer of clothing separating me and him.I felt him press his face into my hair. Inhaling deeply he sighed and tightened his arms around me, pulling me closer. He rubbed his face forward near my ear. His warm breath tickling my ear, his scent intoxicating.

"Your struggles are only making it worse for you."

"P-please, just let me go." I pleaded, my body shaking in fear.

"I've finally found you," He said, his lips grazing my neck. "Why would I want to do that?"

I felt myself being spun around to face my captor. He grabbed my right arm, raised my sleeve and lifted it to his mouth. Before I could pull away or question what was happening, he bit the inside of my wrist.

Gasping I pulled my arm out of his grip and to my chest, slowly sinking to the floor. His hands on my arms he helped guide me down. Pain shot up my arm and spread through the rest of my body. It was quickly followed by an unbearable heat.

Closing my eyes I pressed my face to the cool floor, whimpering at the pain. His presence disappeared from my side and I heard the pounding of feet and yelling. Not soon after I felt myself being picked up, and I gratefully accepted the blackness that awaited me.