Six

Six

She was fuming. Her face pulled into a scowl as she glared at me from the bed. Her arms were still crossed and I could practically hear the wheels in her brain turning as she tried to find a way out of her predicament.

It hurt, knowing that my mate wanted nothing to do with me. It caused a deep ache in my chest. Yet, it also made me furious. Didn't she realize that we were meant for each other? Had she not felt the sparks on her skin as I held her? Did she feel nothing towards me?

No, that was impossible. The moon goddess would not have matched us if there wasn't something there. She had to feel something towards me other than hate. I reached out with my mind to her. Following the mind link that connected us. Her scowl disappeared as I sent her feelings of calm and acceptance. She didn't seem to realize that these feelings weren't all her own.

Slowly she looked up at me. Her eyes slightly darkening as she looked me up and down again. My wolf growled in approval as she checked us out. Mine. He whispered into our mind. I nodded in agreement. We need to take our time with her. She doesn't know about our world. She'll need to adjust slowly. I said to him, still staring at my mate laying in the bed.

"How long are you going to just stand there and stare at me?" She asked, sounding more than a little irritated.

"As long as it takes for you to speak to me without yelling, or being so angry." I said, staring into her cerulean blue-green eyes. A blush crept into her cheeks as I held her gaze.

She looked down, breaking eye contact. Her long hair falling to cover her face as she tried to compose herself.

"I-I'm sorry." She said, looking back at me. The rosy hue had disappeared from her cheeks. "Can you explain to me though. How you got my father to agree to let me leave town and stay with a complete stranger?" She asked. A determined look on her face.

"As far as I know, there's a lot going on in your town, and with your father. From my understanding, he's worried about you. Doesn't want you to get hurt. I offered a place for you to get out of town, but in an environment and with people he could trust." Her eyes hardened as I mentioned that. I began speaking again before she could get a word out. "He only has your best interest at heart. He called me and my father several days ago, asking if he could send you to us. My father sent me to come and get you. Your mother trusted my family, so why can't you at least try?"

"I...." She sighed heavily. "After what happened last night? You... how could I possibly try and trust you? I don't know you."

I walked over to her side. "You'll have all the time in the world to get to know me, love." I said, grabbing her hand, the touch sending electric shocks up my arm. My wolf growled, begging me to grab her and kiss her. Before I had a chance to do anything, and her to say anything, a nurse in purple scrubs walked into the room.

"Anne, I've taken care of all your paperwork and spoken with your father. You can leave as soon as you're ready." She smiled, looking between my mate and myself.

"Thanks Sarah." She said with a smile. "But, um. Can I have my clothes?"

"Of course, hun." Sarah said walking to the cupboard. "They're right here. I took the liberty of washing them for you. They were covered in blood. I figured when you woke up you'd like clean clothes." She placed the pile of clothing at the end of the bed. I noticed the sweatshirt she was wearing the night before. I smirked as I remembered our first meeting. But it quickly turned into a frown as I remembered how scared I made her feel.

"Excuse me." I heard my mates irritated voice say. "If you could leave, I'd like to get dressed." I noticed that she was no longer hooked up to her tubes or the beeping machine. She was standing in front of me now. Her paper gown hanging loosely on her frame. My wolf growling at how exposed she was in front of us.