Chatper Six

THE SUICIDAL GUY

Tuesday

at school, alex tells us to meet him at the lake, at six o'clock. so i decided that i would go. after last hour, i walk to my car and drive home. like usual my parents are not home and i decide to cut a little bit because today was a shit day. i go into my bathroom and before i start anything, i pull out my phone an dial my friend tyler's number. within three rings he answered.

"hey man" i said.

"what's up dude?" he replies.

"tonight me and some of my friends are having a get together at the lake. wanna come?" i tell him.

"sure" he answers.

"meet me at my house at five thirty, we'll go together." i say and hang up.

i put my phone on the counter and go sit in the bathtub. i uncover the container holding my blades and select one. swiftly, i slice up my arms and thighs. once satisfied with my blood-covered appendages, i wash off and step out.

i saunter to my room and pull on a black tshirt, some khakis, and vans. i look in the mirror and style my hair. out of the corner of my eye, i see a clock and it reads five thirty. knowing that tyler will be here soon, i walk downstairs. no more than five minutes pass before tyler shows up.

we pile into my car and i say:

"so i know not many gay people live around here, and i invited you tonight because one of my friends, alex, is gay and is looking for a relationship, i think. he isn't flamboyant about it, like you are, but he's pretty chill. i think you'll like him."

"alright man." tyler says.

we stop at a red light and i guess one of my sleeves was pushed up and tyler saw my fresh cuts.

"what the hell caleb! i thought you said you didn't do this anymore!" he yells as he pulls my sleeve up further. "jesus fucking christ"

"im sorry" i say, starting to cry. the light turns green and i drive to the lake. as i park, tyler says:

"we will talk on the way home."

"okay" i mutter.

walking to the shed, we start to hear rock music and i immediately know it's my friends. i push the door open and step in, tyler following me.

"hey guys," i say, " this is tyler"

alex immediately whips his head to look at tyler and his eyes light up.

"hey" tyler says quietly.

we all sit in a circle and start to drink. soon alexandria says:

"why don't we play a game?"

"okay" we all agree.

"so you say a topic and you go around and everyone says a story and we vote on the best, and whoever wins doesn't have to take a shot." she explains.

after a few rounds we are all pretty drunk, and decided to go to sleep.

throughout the night, tyler and alex have gotten closer and are now cuddling under a blanket. i am by myself. calum and darcy are sharing and alexandria is under her own. we all fall asleep to the sweet melodies of
soft rock.

three days