Chapter One

THE SUICIDAL GUY

Monday

as i walked to last hour, i got pushed and dropped all of my things.

"fuck me" i said.

alex just laughed

i was depressed and i knew it. would i admit it? no. but people assumed. I looked down at my black skinnies and they had dust and dirt all over them. so did my blue button down. i brush it off, remembering that on friday, i was going to end it all. i arrive at last hour and in walks Calum, Alex, Darcy, and Alexandria. Alex snickers at me and they take their seats. Darcy sits in the back corner and opens her notebook. Alexandria saunters to the last open seat, beside me.

the teacher walks in and starts addressing the class. and before i notice class is over. Calum made it through this class without an outburst, good for him i think. i start to gather my things and i stand to leave and i bump into someone, it's Darcy.

"excuse me." she says.

"it's fine," i say, "not like im going to be here much longer"

"what?" Darcy asks.

"im going to kill myself on friday." i respond.

"well, Caleb, if your doing it, im in." she says.

"what?" i say dumbfounded.

"do you think im happy? being this fat and all!" she nearly yells.

with this remark i look down at her small figure, and notice how thin and fragile she looks. then it clicks. she's anorexic or bulimic.

"oh okay" i say and saunter out.

as i walk to my car, i am met by Calum.

"so i heard you and Darcy are going to commit friday? im in." he says.

"why?" i ask.

"because one, i love Darcy. don't tell her, she's the only one who can calm me down and actually respects me. and two, do you think it's fun to constantly take pills so voices in your head don't tell you to kill yourself?" Calum whispers.

"fine." i say. and with that i finish the walk to my car and get in and drive home.

Four Days