Chapter Four

THE SILENT GIRL

tuesday

i walk into last hour, it's now my favorite class because it has the Suicide Club members in it. recently, ive been getting a lot closer to Caleb. he makes me smile, something i havent done in quite a while. i used to enjoy my life. that was before i found out that my dad beat my mum. and one night mum was out so he decided i was a good alternative. and then he decided i was better than my mum and has beat me ever since.

when i met Caleb for the first time, it surprised me how good of a person he is. i learned that he has been depressed since freshman year, that he has two mums, and his favorite color is black. i also get worried because sometimes he will get very pale; almost sickly looking, and i worry that he is going to pass out. but he never does.

after last hour, i meet Caleb at his car and we drive home. he is my neighbor. he drops me off outside my house and i slowly saunter towards the door. my father meets me there and pushes me to the ground and starts to beat me. soon, he drags me to the couch and starts to pull of my clothes. i realized what he was doing and i pushed him off and ran to Caleb's house. i knock and let myself in. tears are threatening to release from my eyes and immediately Caleb sees this and pulls me into a hug. the kind of hug where his warmth radiates off of him into you, warming your soul. for a boy with as emotionless eyes as Caleb's, he sure does hug with enough passion to ignite a flame.

tears begin to fall, and i pull away from Caleb and he looks at me with a sympathetic look.

"what happened, alexandria?" he says.

only Caleb calls me by my full name, usually people call me lexi, or alexi. that's one of the reasons Caleb makes me happy.

"my da-d-d tried to r-r-rape me. " i cry out.

Caleb rises from the floor, bounds up the stairs and returns with his phone. he dials a number and soon i hear alex's voice illuminate the room.

"ill be right over" alex says.

Caleb engulfs me into a hug until alex arrives. they leave and i immediately know what they are going to do, i curl into a ball on the floor and start to cry again.

what seems like hours later, Caleb and alex return. Caleb hands me a backpack that has some of my clothing articles in it.

"thank you" i say softly.

"i have to get going" alex says as he pulls me into a hug.

"bye" i whisper.

"i love you" i hear from across the room.

"what?" i turn and say. i am met by Caleb's hand on my jaw and before i know his lips are on mine and we are kissing. i pull away for a breath.

"i love you too" i say softly as i look up to stare at his lips.

three days