Chapter 30|I'm a lesbian

Start from the beginning

I shook my head. "No, of course not."

"Okay good," she said with a sigh of relief.

We stood in a moment of awkward silence. "So it's really true then?" I pondered.

"Yeah."

"So that comment you made the other day..."

She snorted. "Don't worry honey, you're like, definitely not my type."

I frowned. I didn't know if I should be offended or relieved about that.

"So you fawning over Ryan, that was all an act?"

She nodded. "I swear I almost gagged, like several times. He's so not my type."

"Lets be honest, dick isn't your type," I said bluntly.

She rolled her eyes. "No need to like, sugar cost it. What I mean is, if I wasn't into chicks, I wouldn't go for a guy like him."

I crossed my arms, narrowing my eyes. "What's wrong with guys like him?"

She held up her hands in surrender. "No need to get defensive, I was just like, stating an opinion."

"I wasn't getting defensive," I denied.

"You so were."

Was I? Oh god I was wasn't I? Why was my conscience agreeing with Annie? Traitor.

"Whatever," I muttered, turning around and leaving the bathroom. Annie followed me out.

"It's so obvious that you like him you know." She said, hot on my heels as I speed walked back to art. I was trying to out walk her, but she just kept hovering around, like a fly.

Buzzzzzzz.

"It's not that obvious," I defended.

"So you do like him then?"

"What? No."

"Liar."

"Shut up."

I spent the rest of art class repeating in my head the conversation that went down between Annie and I, and continuing to have my mind blown. I just couldn't believe she was a lesbian. I don't think it was the fact that she could be attracted to someone of the same gender that surprised me. It was her. Annie of all people, she was the person I never would have guessed. I mean, she was always flirting with guys, making out with guys in the hallway, and guys were always talking about her too, so it was clear that they couldn't tell or didn't know. I had to hand it to her, she was a good actress. I guess everyone had their secrets right? I know I did. Ryan did, but I knew his were going to be harder to uncover, and he wasn't just going to blurt them out like Annie had.

I sighed, massaging my temples. Why did all my thoughts and mental conversations always end up in the same place? Ryan. I always ended up relating my thoughts to him somehow. I was obsessed. And maybe a stalker. I was an obsessed stalker. Jesus, that sounds so much worse when you see it written down.

~*~*~*~

Did I ever tell you how much I hate salad?

"Hazel?"

I think I did.

"Haaaazel?"

Oh well, I'll tell you again.

"Hello, are you alive in there?"

A lot. I hate it a lot.

"Hazel!?"

My head snapped up. "Huh?"

Tara cocked her head to the side. "Care to share what's going on in that noggin of yours?"