Madeleine Matrix

Name: Madeleine Matrix

Age: 25

Appearance: green hair/eyebrows, black eyes, tall, average weight

Family/Romance: Apollo Darby (male from 3) Dad's girlfriend.

This is it. Today's the day. Today is the day I become District 3's first female escort. I don't know why I'm nervous, it's not like I'm going to be the one in the arena, is it? but I've never approved of The Hunger Games. I have lived in the Capitol since I was 13 years old, I used to live in District 3, but now I live in luxury with my boyfriend; Mac Darby. He used to live in District 3, that's how we met. We used to be good friends, until I ran away to the Capitol to live with my mother. We never stayed in contact, until I saw him in the streets of the Capitol. We talked, he said he had a son back home, and an ex-girlfriend. I asked him what he was doing here, and he said "to find you, and now I have." This was 2 years ago now, when I was 23 and he was 25.  

We both sit on the train to District 3. We both haven't been here for a while. We come to a sudden stop, and we both knew what was going to happen next. I see hundreds of gloomy looking people gathering in the square, and I see the massive stage and podium, for me. I hurry onto the stage, and stand behind the microphone. I look across at all the sad faces looking up at me, and I couldn't help but feel for them. I clear my throat and try and look happy and cheerful. Of course, I must, I shouldn't have a care in the world. I live in the Capitol.          "Welcome, welcome, to the 66th Annual Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favour!"