Cherish Applegate

District 1 Female: (LoveAlwaysEmma)

Name: Cherish Applegate 

Age: 17

Appearance: Brown hair with odd-colored streaks, one blue one brown eye. 

Family: Very large, with extended family in the Capitol. 

It was at this precise moment, I wished I’d lived with my great-aunt in the Capitol. Yes, it was almost the highest-honour to be chose as a Tribute in the Hunger Games; everyone looked up at you, worshiped you if you won, grieved if you died. At least, that was what it was like in District 1. As one of the wealthiest districts, we fought for our spot in the Games.

Careers are trained at a special academy until we are 18 I was kicked out at 15 for the dumbest reasons. I fought a lot, and therefore, meant I was the cause of a lot of trouble. I punched people a lot, if they ever looked at me wrong. I was always in the special-holding room. 

I glanced down at the diamond ring on my finger. It was carved into a sharpened point, I always wore it on my punching hand; the left. I felt like throwing up. I had been throwing up for weeks now and I didn’t want to come to the worst conclusion for it. I glanced at my boyfriend, Flint and he just shook his head at me sadly. The other Tribute, Tren. He was large and bulky. He was also the last person I punched at the academy. I beat him up badly, and since then, he’d hated me. My stomach was churning.

“Well go on, shake hands, Tributes!” 

I gripped Tren’s hand painfully, he grimaced but then squeezed back equally, if not harder.