Mellany Wadeworth

Floating Mentor: (JenniferMellarkTHG18)

Name: Mellany Wadeworth

District: Four

Age: 27

Appearance: Tall, Skinny. Dark brown hair that falls flatly all the way down her back. Soft purple eyes.

Family: None left. All members were killed after her victory in the games.

Won: The 57th Hunger Games

Romance: A man named Hender. He's 30 years old. The two are secretly dating due to a fued between their two families. Planning to get married. 

Backstory:

I won the games. I wasn't proud of it. I don't know why anyone would be. It just means you let them take control of you. I mean, why did people cheer me on- I was killing innocents. Sure the Capitol enjoys it just for the blood, but at least back in the Districts they cheer for the fact that you're alive; not because the others are dead. 

How can such a happy people in bright clothing have such a craving for blood? Child blood to be exact.  If the games were a fully volunteered thing it would be a little better. All the Career Districts have a slightly different veiw on everything. Even though I'm from 4, I wasn't a career or a volunteer. I never trained at the HG Academy. I'd never touched a weapon before. But now I'm stuck catering to the needs of those who do train. 

Being a Victor in District 4 means you have to teach the kids at the Academy. That way they get some inside from someone who was in their same position. I'm the only living Victor here who wasn't a trainee. So my two cents don't mean as much. 

I'm also one of the younger Victors here. Not as young as some, but definatley younger than some of them like Maggs. 

I've had a vision of rebellion. I want things to change. I'm glad the tributes from my Districts usually have more hope. But they still die half of the time. District 1 has the most Victors. At least we're not somewhere like District 12. No one from there has ever won, except Slade Torin, Haymitch Abernathy and some man who died off years ago. 

I remember when my District partner died. He had made it to the final 8, but wrongfully ate a handful of poisonous leaves. His name was J'on Reegan. He was younger than me, but so innocent, as volunteers go. He thought he would win. I made a vow that I wouldn't be the one to kill him. And I kept that vow. I also told myself that if I made it home, that I would do my best to help his family. 

I guess that's where my finacé Hender Reegan comes in. I consoled him when he lost his brother. We grew quite close and we've been together ever since. His parents hate me. They say it should have been J'on coming home, and not me. That I didn't make an effort to save him. 

And that's the Victor's Curse. As happy as people might be that you're home- there's one less soul in the District. 23 less in the Country. You may plan on keeping your life, but the real question is if you're ready to see other children lose theirs.

Hender has forgiven me for the Games. He knows I was just trying to survive. Any blame I have from his family isn't coming from him. As soon as we get married, he's coming to live with me in the Village. Away from his parents. 

If they can't accept that he loves me, I won't ask them to. All that matters is that I'm with him. 

I feel remorse for the two tributes this year. The two look like old friends. I wouldn't be suprised if they were in love. My advice for them would be to cherish it while it lasts. As much as it might help to have a lover in the games, only one can win. 

They have to have their Victor. 

That's just how it goes. No one has yet to test the limits. No one has been brave enough. For years, a spark has been brewing, but no one strong enough has come along to ignite it. As seperate as the Districts may be, One thing unites us. A common enemy. 

Along with some of the other mentors throughout the Districts, a plan has been put into affect with District 13. It's a flawless plan. As soon as a tribute is powerful enough to spark war, things will trudge on how they've been planned.

It may take years,It might neve happen. But we're waiting. And we're ready. A leader will rise up. And the Capitol will fall. 

No one is safe, No one can hide. But can sure as hell fight. And- May the Odds be Ever in our Favor.