Leo McClean

District 4 Male: (HollyMPEETASPEARL)

Name: Leo McClean

Age: 16

Personality: will do anything for the ones he loves. He has lived with his dad, step mom, brothers Jace (19) Jai (25) for as long as he can remember. He is super popular in school and everyone loves him. He loves Piper and they have been best friends since they were born really.

Job: fishing/ setting nets/ lifeguard.

Intro:

The sun shone brightly against the long stretch of gentle ocean, glimmering as it radiated off the top like a mirror. The rainbow colored sky wove on like a canvas and I knew this was the perfect time; no matter how early it was.

Piper strode behind me, her steps crisscrossing between mine, and I finally pulled my gaze from the beach. I was more than happy I did. Looking at Piper questioned the early morning’s beauty; nothing could compare to how perfect the sight of her was. With her long blonde hair which glistened gold in the sunlight and her deep brown eyes where creases from her dimples showed signs of happiness strewn across her face; it was almost too good to be true.

She noticed me starring at her, “What?” She gleamed, lighting the whole world up with just her smile. I stopped in my tracks, running up to her just as she realized what was happening.

Her feet slipped out from her flip-flops, and lurched for the water just as I turned faster; trying to catch her. Piper let out a squeal just as I dashed up behind her; my eyes wide open, lungs breathing in the salty scent of the air.

“No!” She screamed, but I was too close. I ran up from behind her, wrapping my arms across her body as I lifted her feet right off the ground. For me, it was easy, although she was tall, Piper was small, taking just a little effort for me to pick her up.

Now along with the salty water air the sweet scent of cinnamon and tea swirled off of Piper making my heart go crazy. I planted a kiss right above the side of her ear and I twirled her through the air. “I love you,” I whispered so quietly only she could hear.

Her giggling stopped, and she turned her head to face mine. “I love you too,” she grinned, her crisp brown eyes only an inch from mine.

I wanted to stop the world right where it was; freeze this moment and live in it forever.

Her eyes fluttered to a close, just as her hand found the back of my neck. Instantly, our lips met, and held her up against me just as I smiled through our kiss. “Stop smiling,” she whispered, but I felt her own mouth curve into a smirk of its own.

I slowly set her down against the ground; she reached up on her tip-toes, still holding onto me while the sound of the waves washing up against the shore was barely heard over the sound of my heart beating. 

That’s when I remembered the object in my pocket. As she kissed me, her body right next to mine I felt the old box waving in my pockets and I hoped she didn’t notice. I had to pull back or else she would figure everything out.

Finally, I did, and her brown eyes flickered open, as she calmly bit her lip. “Pipes,” I whispered, my whole body shaking with nervousness. “I-I need to give you something.”

That cute little smile of hers disappeared, forming down into a confused mask. My hand dropped from her waist to my pocket and my fingers rummaged around as I spoke. “Piper, I’ve loved you for so long and it’s just, it’s just I know that-“

On the scorching sand, her feet shuffled calmly back and her face twitched nervously. A tear seemed to be forming in her eyes and I had no idea why- “Leo, please don’t,” she whimpered, “I need you.”

“Oh my goodness, no!” I nearly yelled realizing she thought I wanted to break up with her. “No no no! Piper, I just need to tell you something.” After what seemed like forever, my fingers had found a grasp on the black velvet box, and I pulled it out.

I glanced down, gosh I was nervous, and pulled out the small emerald cut ring. It was shaped into the form of a small infinity sign, a light teal color which gleamed in the sunlight; it was my grandmother’s. Piper simply gasped.

“Look, Piper, I’ve loved you for such a long time and I just want you to know you’re my everything,” I took in a deep breath, “It’s not an engagement ring, but it’s a promise ring because I promise to love you forever; and as long as my heart beats, it beats for you.”

My head swirled, and I felt dizzy but yet at the same time I felt so alive. I wanted to scream it to the world that I loved Piper over and over until my voice died down and even then I would have to show some way, maybe even using sign language, how much I love her.

Piper began crying; it was that simple. Her long blonde hair flew back in waves as she stepped right into my arms. Her small sobs shook my body and I held on tightly to her back. “I love you, more than anyone’s ever loved,” she spoke so quietly only I could hear, yet it made my whole body echo in happiness all at once.

I kissed the top of her head, and before I knew it her lips were parted across mine, and I held her tightly against me never wanting to let go. I slid the ring onto the fourth finger on her right hand. “I promise to love you forever,” she smiled just as the lights of the sunrise bounced off her shimmering skin. Then she hesitated, pulling away from me, “and I’ll let you love me back only if you can catch me!” She screamed, already running for the water.

Damn-it, I muttered, I would never be able to catch the best swimmer in District 4. But I at least had to try. I sprinted after her, diving into the water just as the most perfect day of my life had begun.