Chapter 10

Two weeks later:
"Red or black?" Mar says and holds the two dresses infront of her. "I think i like the black one better." She nods. "I guess you are right. Oh my god i am so nervous Tris. Its weird, Uriah and i have been dating for about half a year now but we never had an actual date. Like only the two of us." I smile. "I don't think you need worry. I bet it will be an amazing evening." She smiles. "Hopefully. I'll just change." I nod and she vanishes into the cupboard. When she steps out again she wears the dress. It fits her perfectly. It accentuates her figure. I wish i was a little bit less bigger. Then i'd be described as willowy and not as childish. I try to banish that thought. Mar chose her shoes and is ready now. She already did her make-up and hair. I didn't even know you need to make such a fuss about a date. I never actually went on one. If you don't count prom and i wouldn't. So... As if she read my mind Mar asks: "With who was your first date? With that boy who gave you that bracelet? A-?" I shake my head. "No. I never really went on a date." Her eyes grow wide. "What? As if! You got to be kidding me." I blush a bit but try to hide it with a smile. "You know, no one ever asked me. I guess i can understand why though..." I say the last part more to myself but she still heard it. "Tris!" She scowls. "Don't say something like that! You are really pretty! And if the boys are to stupid to notice they are... well stupid!" I smile a bit. "Yes... i guess." She walks over to me and says: "Tris! You are smart. Brave. Stro-" i interupt her. "I am not strong!" She rolls her eyes. "You are! You started this initiation later than me and you are way better than me. You nearly beat Uriah yesterday for gods sake. And he is the best in the group!" I sigh. "Ok. Maybe i am strong. But that doesn't stop Peter from making fun of me." She grins. "Step by step. And just ignore peter. He is just angry you beat him." I laugh. "Whatever. Just finish your make-up." She sticks out her tounge at me.
Ten minutes later it knocks on the door. I open it and see Uriah. He wears a tux. "Uhhh... Uri, you look sharp!" He grins and ruffles his hair. "I know." I roll my eyes. "Hey Mar. Your conceited boyfriend is here." I say and then walk past him. He laughs. I walk into my room. Its only two pm so i decide to go for a jog. I start putting on my sport clothes. I just pulled down my sports bra when it knocks and Four steps in. "Tris, there is fo-" he stops in the middle of his sentence and blushes a deep crimson red. "S-s-sorry." He stutters. I feel my face getting hot as well. He quickly closes the door. I try to cool my face with my hands. I quickly put on the rest of my clothes and then check my face in the mirror. I am not really red anymore. I step out and four leans on the wall opposite. When i step out he blushes a bit again. "Ehm sorry about... that..." i nod. "No problem." I give him a small smile. "Well, what i just wanted to say is that there is food downstairs." I nod again. "Thanks." We start walking down the hallway. "Do you want to come for a jog with me?" I ask him polite. He thinks about it and then says: "Why not. If you want we can stop by the trainings centre and practise fighting a bit. I heard you don't have to go to the library today." Oh yeah true. My boss said that i have the day off today. "Yes that would be cool. You could show me the special four technics." He smiles a bit. Wow. I made him smile. We arrive downstairs and sit at the table. Uri and Mar already left and Zeke and shauna behave like proud parents. After a quick lunch four goes upstairs and i walk into the kitchen to talk to shauna. "Shauna..." i start. She turns around and smiles. "What is it trissy?" I fake glare at her. I lean on the counter and sigh. "Do you think its weird that i'm going to train with four. Like just the two of us?" She raises an eyebrow. "That depends..." '
"On what?" "Whether you like him or like him." "I guess i like him." She shrugs. "Then its fine. It would be fine the other way as well. Just so you know." She winks at me and i blush a bit. "Okay. Thanks." I say and turn to leave. "No problem." I wave at her and put on my shoes. I warm up outside and wait for Four. Just when i touch my toes he comes out. I quickly straighten up. "Hey. Ready to go?" I ask. He nods and starts warming up as well.
The cold winter air fills my lungs while we jog towards the trainings centre. We don't talk. Only our mixed heavy breathing and the pattern of our feet on the stone can be heard.

After about fifteen minutes we arrive. We get slower and then finally stop. I lean forward and rest my hands on my knees. I pant. Four on the other hand looks like he could do this three more time. He probably can. "You alright?" I quickly straighten. "Yes. Lets go." He nods and leads the way. I follow behind him.

We stand infront of eachother in the arena. I put my fists up and start bouncing a bit. Four gets ready as well and then we start. He makes the first move. He always does. I dogde his punch and slip under his arms so i stand behind him. I kick him in the back but he catches my foot. I kick and pull it back fast. He looses the grip on it. He trys to punch me again but i block it. A small smile tucks at his lips. I frown. Does he let me win? I step forward and pretend like puching his stomach but in the last moment i take my other hand and punch his face. My fist stings but it was worth it. He stumbles backwards and i use the opertunity to kick his legs. But he doesn't fall like i expected him to. Instead he catches my foot again and makes me fall. Up, up, up! I scream at myself in my head. But i am too slow. He sits on top of me and wants to punch me but i manage to block the first one. But then he draws back his fist again and hits me on the nose. I hear a crack in my head. It starts bleeding immediatly and Four curses under his breath. White pain raises through my nose. He quickly gets down of me and holds his hand out to pick me up. I take it with my right. My left hand holds my nose and is already covered in blood. "I'll get something to wipe the blood away." He says. I just nod. I don't trust my voice. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. I keep telling myself and squeeze my eyes shut. I slowly sit down on the floor. Four returns with a lot of toilet paper. He touches it to my nose and i wince away. This hurts. "I thnk you brke t." I say, my voice soundikg weird because of my nose. He nods. "I'll call an ambulance." I shake my head. "Dn't be slly." He has to hold back a laugh and i glare at him. "Sorry, i just can't take you seriously." He gets out his phone and dials a number. I sigh inwardly. Wow, an ambulance because of a broken nose. But aparently its not the ambulance he called. "Hey Zeke? Could you pick Tris and me up at the sport centre? I think i broke her nose." He doesn't say anything but rolls his eyes. "Whatever just come here." He hangs up and turns towards me again. "He will be here in a few minutes. I'll just get you some ice." I nod and he walks away. His shirt sticks a bit to his back and i can see the outlines of his muscular back. Stupid! I scold myself. I have a broken nose and what do i think about? His muscular back.
He returns with a plastic bag full of ice cubes. I hold it against my nose with the one hand while the other one still holds the papers to stop the bleeding. He takes the bag of ice cubes from me and hold it against my nose for me. "Thnk yu." I press out and he grins a bit. I roll my eyes but can't supress a smile myself.

With him still holding the ice to my nose we drive towards the hospital after Zeke arrived.
When we arrive there its my turn pretty fast. Four doesn't step away my side for a second. We step towards the desk. "Hello, what happend?" I want to answer but Four is faster. "I broke her nose." The woman behind the desk raises her eyebrow. "No, not like that. I am her trainer and we fought, like in an arena, and i accidently broke her nose." The woman just nods and shows us a stretcher where i lay down.
"Ok tris, this might hurt now. I'm going to repare your nose." Four holds his hand out for me and i take it. "One," she puts her fingers on my nose and i squeeze fours hand "two," she adjusts her finger. I squeeze a bit harder "three." With one push she makes my nose straight again. I stiffle a scream and nearly break Fours hand. He doesn't move his face an inch. When the doctor lets go my nose still throbs and puckers with pain. She gives me two pills which i swallow. Then she puts a weird white plaster-bandage thing over my nose. "Come here in a week again. Then we will remove the plaster." I nod. "Thanks." Finally, my voice sounds normal again.

When we arrive back home everyone already waits for us. When we step in i am immeditaly pulled into a tight hug by Mar. "I was so worried Tris." Then she turns towards four and slaps his arm. "Ouch!" He complains. "You earned that! We said when we train no real hard punches!" She says and glares at him. I lay a hand on her arm. "Its fine Mar. It was an accident." She huffs and pulls me away from him. I look back at him and shrug. He smiles a bit and winks at me. Oh my... did i just flirt with four?