Sixteen

Wait In The Car

No matter how uncomfortable you are, you are not going to pee behind that tree. It will just have to wait until you get the all clear to go into the cabin. There's a perfectly fine bathroom, complete with flushing toilet, inside.

Through the trees, you can start to see a hint of the sunrise to the east. You are busy looking at the tiny bit of light, when Sam suddenly makes a strange noise. It's a sound somewhere between surprise and fear, and you whip your head around to see what the problem is.

Outside of the suv, a strange man is pointing a gun at Sam's face, smirking with an evil expression.

"Hey there, kiddos." The gunman says in a sing song voice. "Why don't you three come out to play?" He gestures with his weapon.

Not sure what to do, you freeze and analyze this guy. Wearing filthy clothes, he looks like he hasn't bathed or bothered to shave in a month. And there is more than a little crazy in his eyes. This guy looks like he's just unhinged enough to be dangerous.

When none of you move, the guy is visably upset. "Get out!" He snarls, exposing stained teeth.

Sam's sister wakes up at the noise, takes one look at the frightening stranger outside, and starts crying. Sam tries to calm her as he reluctantly pulls her out of the car with him. Under the watchful, predatory gaze of the gunman, you climb out, too.

Once you are all grouped together, he instructs you to walk around to the back of the cabin. When you round the corner, gross gun weilding guy following behind, you are unhappy to see Sams parents are both on the ground. They are laying on their stomachs, hands bound behind them, mouths covered with silver tape. Mr. Smith has a bloody gash to his forehead that wasn't there before.

Two more severely unkempt men and a woman with greasy hair are standing around back here. All of them watch the three of you file into the small yard with dispassionate gazes. When the guy with the gun orders you into the ground, there isn't much you can do besides comply.

The woman moves in, and as your face is tickled by the long lawn grass, she ties your hands behind your back. In another minute, both Sam, and his still crying sister, are also bound.

The four dirty thugs then proceed to rifle through all of the bags they grabbed from the suv. Laughing among themselves, they collect a pile of things they want to keep, and throw the rest into the nearby trees.

By now, the sun has made it's way into the sky. Birds are chirping from the woods and insects buzz around the few flowers growing in the yard.

As the filthy crew heads back into the cabin, which they have apparently been squatting in, and leave the five of you laying on the grass, you start to struggle against the tape on your wrists. If you can get your hands free, you can all escape those crazy people. In your struggles, you roll around in the grass, crushing flowers as you go.

A sudden sharp pain in your side makes you freeze. While you rolled around, your shirt pulled up, exposing a bare strip of skin.

The sharp pain morphs into a throbbing burn. You know that sensation. Eyes wide with disbelief, you crane your neck, trying to see the area. An angry wasp crawls onto your shirt, before flying away.

You are allergic to bee stings...

The thought no sooner passes through your stunned mind, when you feel your throat begin to swell shut.