CHAPTER FOURTEEN

The day we were to leave for Nationals came. We were all nervous, but Sam and i were nervous about more than Nationals, we were planning to board a plane to Ireland after the compitition. I had contacted my cousin, and after telling her our story she agreed to let us stay with her, when we got there.

So in the hours before the compition, we just hung out with the other members of the glee club, and i realised, they were the best friends i ever had. I would miss them dearly, but Sam and i could not be parted.

Nationals stared and Finn and Rachel had to sing the first song 'Pretending'. As i watched them from the wings, i could feel someone behind me. Thinking it was Sam i said, 'To think, we'll be on a plane to Ireland leaving all of this behind, in a couple of hours'. But when i turned around i saw that it was Puck standing there and he had a look of horror on his face.

'So that's what you guys are planning', he said.

'No Puck! You don't understand-', i cried.

'I knew something was going on, all the whispering and worried looks. Lauren you can't do this!'

'Why not Puck?! Huh?! Why should we stay?! Sam will have to move if we stay. So why should we?'

'Because i'm in love with you Lauren!' cried Puck.

I gasped.

'Ever since i saw you the first day you walked into Glee club! When you asked me to go with you to Rachel's party, i was so happy, i thought we would finally be together! You may have been drunk that night when we made love, but i wasn't! I was drinking water all damn night! But the next morning when you woke up and realised what had happened, i knew you regretted it, so that's why i said it was a stupid mistake. Then when you started going out with Sam, i was heartbroken! When we thought he was cheating with Quinn, i was ready to kick his teeth in. I figured out the last few weeks that something was going on. But i ask you Lauren, for just one thing, please don't go'.

Then he turned and walked away.

I was so shocked, i couldn't speak.

All of a sudden the rest of the Glee club were at my side waiting to go on and perform 'Light up the world',  but thankfully  they were not after hearing Puck and my conversation.

Sam caught my eye, he knew something was wrong, but at that moment the guitar intro started.