CHAPTER TEN

The next few weeks past in a a happy haze. Sam and I spent every minute together. In fact, the only time we were apart was when we went to the bathroom or when we were asleep.

One day Sam was at my house and we were 'studying'.  'Lauren,' said Sam, ' i have to tell you something'.

'What is it Sam?', i asked.

'Well this is kind of embarrasing for me.' Sam was hesitating.

'Come on Sam you can tell me'.

'Ok, well the thing is my Dad has lost his job'.

'So?', i asked. People losing their jobs was very common due to the recession.

'We will have to move out of our house because we can't keep up with the payments'. Sam replied. I noticed the tears in his eyes.

'Where are you going to live Sam?', i whispered, so softly i thought he hadn't heard me.

After a few minutes he replied, ' We are going to stay in a motel for the time been, i don't know what's going to happen'. Then he started to cry.

I grabbed him and held him close to me. 'Don't worry Sam,' i said, 'you know i'm here and ye can stay here anytime. My parents won't mind. I know they won't!'

'Oh Lauren', said Sam.

'What?', i asked.

'I love you', replied, smiling a little. I couldn't believe it! No man had ever told me he loved me except my Dad!

'Oh i love you too Sam!', i said. I was crying now.

'Lauren i know that i'll get through this with you by my side'.

That was the moment that i knew that i would never be able to let him go.