Astraphobia

-fear of thunder/lightning-
___________________________

The clashes of thunder rang through your ears as you clamped your hands over them in an attempt to block out the harsh noise.

The room lit up for a brief moment when the lightning flashed outside the window and you shrunk deeper into your hiding spot.

You had resorted to hiding yourself in the wardrobe which wasn't as effective against the clashing sounds as you'd hoped but, it did block out most of the flashes as you had the doors closed.

You flinched as another crash of thunder sounded through the hallways of the palace and tears welled up in your eyes. "Stupid irrational fear..." You choked out to yourself.

Then you heard the bedroom door open and a voice call out for you. "(Y/n)? You in here?" It was Noctis. You'd told him about your phobia of thunder and lightning and he took it on with upmost importance.

"Are you in the wardrobe again?" His voice was muffled because of the wooden doors that separated you from each other. You heard him walk over to the wardrobe and he cracked one of the doors open slightly and shone his torch on you.

"Hey." He calmly hummed as he looked down at you. You'd had your hands firmly clasped over your ears but you lifted them off a little to hear your boyfriend speak.

"Hi..." You lightly whispered back and he sadly smiled down at you.

"The storm seems to be getting further away. There hasn't been any thunder for a while."
He tried to give you more confidence by thinking of things to say but they were famous last words as when he finished pronouncing the last syllable of his sentence a large clap of thunder sounded throughout the palace.

You jumped and screamed a little at the sudden crash, even Noctis jumped a little and looked out the window to see if something had broken. He quickly turned his blue orbs back to your shaking figure when he heard strained sobs leaking from your mouth.

"Hey now, don't cry (nickname)." He clipped his torch back onto his jacket pocket and crawled into the wardrobe with you. "Come here." He he signalled for you to shuffle forward into his lap.

You shifted yourself towards him so that your legs were around his waist and your body was pressed close to his. It gave you comfort feeling the rise and fall of his chest.

Noctis gently stroked your hair with one hand as he pulled the wardrobe door shut with the other. He pressed his lips and nose down into your soft hair and muttered words of reassurance into the (h/c) strands.

"It's ok, I'm here."

_____________________________
I'm back!
Sorry about the long wait guys T^T
My wrist is on the mend again now so I can type without being in pain all the time XD
Thank you so much for 10k reads guys!! My special this time is going to be two things but I might not be able to get it up very quickly coz technology hates me atm Hshaha

Here have some gifs