Finest of everything

Noctis had just informed you that there was a ball happening in a few days time and that you were going with him as his 'plus one' as you were his 'significant other'. You of all people knew how much he hated attending these events so, he probably wanted you to go with him so he would have an excuse not to entertain so many woman. Not that you'd be any help in that sort of situation anyway, considering you were probably more socially awkward than Noctis by at least a million times.

As you both walked down the hallways something crossed your mind, "Noct."

"Yeah?"

"When you're at balls do you find the conversations become really awkward or hard to have?"

He pondered for a moment and responded. "As in how?"

"Like, if someone asks you about something that you did or if your planning on going somewhere or even about your clothes. Of course, being the Prince and all, you're gonna have the finest of pretty much everything so, technically, you can't actually talk about anything without sounding like a complete asshole."

You finished up with your explanation and then panicked internally because of what you said. Please don't take it the wrong way. Please don't take it the wrong way. Please do- Your thought process was cut off by his voice.

"Haha I guess that does happen sometimes." He chuckled, "but, most of the time I get heads of noble and wealthy families coming over to me asking if I'm single and if I would consider dating their daughters."

"Oh"
A pang of jealousy hit you when he said that last part. Of course you knew that you could trust Noctis with those situations but, deep down in all truthfulness, it made you nervous to the point of feeling sick knowing that all of those girls were standing around fawning over him and that something actually could happen accidentally.

"And of course every time I give the same reply..." He continued.

You pushed your doubt away and joined back in on the conversation as this part intrigued you greatly. "And what would that be Mr. Lucis Caelum?"

"Well, Miss (l/n), I am the prince so I have the finest of everything which does, in fact, include having the finest girlfriend. So, I politely decline their offer saying that I am taken. That's why you're coming with me this time, so people actually get the point and don't think I'm just being an asshole about it."

Your face turned a dark shade of red as he stressed the words finest and girlfriend. "Noooct..." Was the only word that you could conjure up at that moment. You looked away embarrassed. He lightly karate chopped you on the head and said, "I seem to have successfully done my job hahah"

You didn't even notice that you had stopped walking and that you were now facing each other until he placed a hand on your bicep and continued. "Look at me." You hesitated but did as you were told.  "Look (y/n), I know that you get worried when I go to these sort of things because of all of the women there and I don't want you to feel like that, I really do hate it. You being sad makes me sad and we both know that's not a good thing because we all know that will turn into ang-uhh"

You shushed him by putting a finger to his lips, " You're rambling and I know Noct, I completely trust you in that situation to do the right thing."

"Thank you (nickname)." He took your hand that was closest to his face and placed a gentle kiss on the back of it.

"Uhhh... Prince Noctis?"

Your little moment was broken by the sound of another voice to which you both turned to see a servant standing quite awkwardly about a meter away from you. She bowed, obviously feeling intimidated by him. You couldn't see why people were so scared of him, he was so kind and shy and he was so cuddly when he felt like it. He didn't smile too often when he wasn't around anyone he was close to though, that was probably it.

"What is it?" He asked.

"There are people here to see you. They're waiting in the guest room." The maid continued but she never made eye contact with him she did with you though, you gave her a warm smile which seemed to help her a little with her nerves. Soon after you heard a rather violent 'ugh' come from your boyfriend so you decided to step in, completely discarding your awkwardness.

"He'll be there as soon as he can." You responded.

"Yes ma'am."

"And-" she looked back up at you. "You don't have to be so scared when you address him you know, the prince doesn't bite." You said and then thought Much. She looked relieved when you spoke to her normally and she said that she'd tell them that Noctis would see them soon and then she bowed, turned on her heel and walked away.

You turned to see Noctis with his eyes shut and brows knotted together. "...Thanks" he muttered.

"Welcome~"

"He opened his eyes and sighed "I don't know how many more of these people I can deal with. If I have to deal with one more group after this one, I really might start biting."

"Well then, I'm gonna have to make sure that doesn't happen aren't I? And Noct you are the prince so it's pretty much your duty to talk to all these scary people" You teased and laughed before you kissed him on the lips and then walked off down the stairs, shouting to him - "Have fun princess!~ I'll see you later and you can tell me all about it!"

He rolled his eyes and walked toward the guest room. "She's such a weirdo. But I love her."
_______________________________