Acrophobia

-Fear of heights-

"...(/n)"
"...(y/n)"
You woke up to being gently shaken by Noctis.

"Noct? What's wrong? Why aren't you in bed? Why are you completely dre-"
You were shushed when he put his finger on your lips and, from what you could make out, he smiled at you with his eyes glistening.

He stood up from his crouching position and took off his jacket. He plopped it onto the bed and placed his hand on his hip.

"Come on I wanna show you something."

"But it's like three am..." You groaned as you sat up rubbing your eyes and looking over at your phone.

"Exactly. Put the coat on." He almost demanded and pulled the bed covers off of your warm cozy body.

"Nooooct!"

"Come one then!" He sounded excited about something and you could've sword that you saw him jump up and down a little bit. You looked him dead in the eye and then complied to his wishes.

You got out of the bed and you were hit with a cold sensation that surged through your feet as they touched the wooden floor.

You picked the heavy, black jacket up and slid your arms through the sleeves and then did the zip up. You went over to put your boots on but, got quickly told that you wouldn't need them by Noctis as he dragged you out of the door by your hand.

"Where are we going?" You asked tiredly.

"Secret." Was all he said in response.

It seemed like you were walking down the hallways for ever until you reached the balcony doors. Noctis let go of your hand and pushed them open, walking out with you in toe.

The night air was freezing compared to your body and your feet froze as soon as they touched the marble flooring. You looked up and over to Noctis, who was now standing on the wall of the balcony watching you.

"Noct are you crazy!?"

"Probably."

"What if you fall!? Please get down."

"(Nickname), don't worry I'm not going to fall." He said with a reassuring look and then he bent down towards your direction and held his hand out. "Come here." He gestured with his hand for you to walk over and take it. So you did.

"What're you doing Noct?"

"Do you trust me?"

His question confused you quite a bit and you stood there and scrunched your face up slightly. "What?"

"I said, do you trust me?."

"Of course."

"Ok good. Just thought I'd ask before I do this."

"Do wha-AH!" You squeaked as he grabbed both of your arms and pulled you up into the walls edge with him.

You gripped onto his arms firmly and he moved one arm down to your waist and another down to your legs. He picked you up bridal style and  before you knew it, you found yourself in the aftermath of a warp.

You clung on tighter to Noctis' clothes and you didn't, or rather you couldn't, open your now closed eyes. You had your face buried into his neck and his hair tickled your head as it blew in the wind.

"Open your eyes (y/n). It's ok." He said softly but you were too scared.

You shook your head. "Uh uh no way. You know I have a fear of heights." Your voice shook as you spoke and you  clung onto his clothes even tighter.

"That's why I didn't tell you what I was planning... Sorry... But this'll make up for it."

"Idiot..."

"You want me to put you down?"

"......no." You felt him sigh from the position he had you in.

"At least look at me. Not down or up or across, just directly at me. I won't let go of you I promise. And if it scares you too much you can hide your face back into my neck, okay?"

You hesitantly nodded and brought your head up and positioned it to look in the direction of Noctis' face. You opened your eyes and locked your gaze with his. Your hair was gently blowing in the wind as you looked across at his face.

He smiled down at you

He smiled down at you. "See? It's not that bad is it?"

"Looking at you isn't but the rest of it yea..."

He chuckled at your sentence. "Could you get my phone out of my pocket and look at the time for me please? I kinda have my hands full..."

"Stupid prince..." You shakily removed your hand from his shoulder and inserted it into his chest pocket to pull the phone out. You looked at the screen. "It's 3:30 am. This is the time when normal people are asleep in their beds and not standing on palace roofs." You sarcastically spoke as you slotted the phone back into his pocket and looked back at him.

"Touché." He smiled. "We're right on time."

"For what?"

"Look up."

You opened your mouth to say something but no words came out. Truthfully you were petrified but as soon as you looked up you knew why Noctis was so insistent on bringing you up to the roof.

There was a meteor shower and it was amazing. They flew across the night sky leaving trails of blue and white behind them.

Noctis watched you, watching the sky with a smile on his face.

"Noct... It's beautiful!" You gasped.

"Yeah... I know." He hummed not taking his eyes off of you.

You looked away from the stars and back to his face to find him gazing at you already. "Have you been watching me this entire time?" You innocently asked.

"Yeah..." He breathed back with his eyes half closed.

You moved your hand to his cheek and ran it to the back of his neck. He moved his face closer to your and you closed your eyes as he closed the gap.

All of your fears were forgotten in that moment. The moment when Noctis kissed you under the light of a thousand stars.
___________________________
Song: Ivan Torrent - Crystalline