Chapter 24

I will not give up without a fight

Lucien's POV

I woke up to find the room empty. Freya broke my neck! I need to find her. I quickly went to the basement to check and saw all my men unconscious on the floor. Elijah's casket is open and no Elijah in it. 

"Freya!!!!!!!!!!!" I angrily yelled and trash everything in the room. She betrayed me! She chose her family over me. Now every single one of them will pay. Then I felt the pain in my chest like I'm being torn in half.

"Argh! What...the hell?" I said still holding on my chest. Damn it! They are unlinking me from Freya. I must do something. I speed off towards the Mikaelson compound. Freya's screams can be heard inside.

"Stop this!" I yelled at them as I bang the barrier. Everyone of them looked at me shocked. Freya is already weak and yet the spell is still not finish. 

Freya's POV

Vincent and Davina started to chant the spell and I can my chest burning like hell. As he continues to chant, I get weaker every second of it. I can't help but scream the agony of what I'm feeling. Then I heard him.

"Stop this!" Lucien yelled as he bang the barrier. He is clutching his chest and looking sternly at us. 

"Well, we can't. We had enough of you using Freya as bait. This time we will free her from you. Sorry to deny your request." Hayley casually said. I felt another pain run through my chest. I screamed again and grab the chair firmly. Lucien looked at me worriedly. 

"End this now! You will not unlink me from Freya! She's mine!" Lucien shouted. 

They ignored his pleas and continue to watch as Vincent and Davina reverse the linking spell. The pain is excruciating that I can't take it anymore. My eyes are locked at Lucien but he doesn't look back. I know he feels the betrayal I did to him. Blood is flowing in my eyes, ears, and nose as I feel the mark being removed from me. Then all of a sudden everything went black.

Elijah's POV

The spell is working on both Freya and Lucien as we can hear both of their screams. Lucien is already on the ground feeling as the link severe every second. Blood is flowing from my sister's ear, eyes and nose and with a final scream from her, she fainted on the chair. Hayley attended to her side immediately and check her pulse. 

"She's barely alive. Her heart is beating slowly. We will bring her to her room." Hayley worriedly said. Kol assisted her in bringing Freya to her bedroom. As for Lucien, he lay on the floor unconscious.

"Well, might as well take the chance to chain him." Marcel suggested. 

"The imbecile will easily take it off given his super strength. Besides, I have better plan for him." Niklaus mischievously said as he drag Lucien's body outside the compound. We followed him outside. He put Lucien's unconscious body on the trunk of the car.

"Get in. We have so much to do with our plaything." Niklaus said smirking. We get inside the car and drove to who knows where.

Freya's POV

I open my eyes and saw Hayley and Davina looking at me.

"Hey. How are you feeling? We thought you wouldn't wake up. Your heart was beating slowly a while ago." Hayley asked holding my hand. I sit up and feel my mark on my shoulder.

"Its gone, Freya. The mark on your shoulder is gone. You are officially unlinked from Lucien." Davina said smiling. I bitterly smiled back. Of course, Hayley noticed that.

"Davina, would you mind leaving us for a moment?" she nicely asked. Davina nodded and walked out of the room. Hayley then sternly looked at me.

"Should I be happy with what Davina said?" I asked.

"You should. Its the best for all of us and most importantly for you. You made a right choice, Freya." Hayley happily said.

"Did I? I still love him, Hayley. No matter what I do he will always be the one in my heart. I can't just let him die. Now he thinks I betrayed him and he hates me for agreeing on the spell. This is such a mess, Hayley! I don't know what else to do." I said crying in front of her. Hayley hugged me.

"I know Freya but sometimes you have to make choices you also didn't want. We can't lose you, Freya. You far more valuable than Lucien. He needs to die in order for this to end." Hayley frankly said. I pushed her off me and looked at her in disbelief.

"How could you say that? Just because the man you love is perfectly safe in this stupid fortress doesn't mean you have to tell me to let the one I love to die." I said

"I'm sorry, Freya. Its stupid I know but Lucien is trying to kill us all. I thought with you gone with him will change his mind but he killed Cami." Hayley explained

"He did it for me, Hayley. You tried to kill me so you can kill him. How insensitive of you to do that to me." I angrily replied to her. I stand up from the bed and walked out of the room. Since I'm still weak from the spell, I walk slowly and Hayley was able to catch up. She grab my arm and faced me to her.

"Look, Freya. We didn't know about that plan. It was Klaus who planned that not us. We all know that if we kill Lucien we will also also lose you in the process that's why we asked Vincent and Davina to perform the unlinking spell. You have to understand that we have to do this. All of this has to end." Hayley said. Then I came to a realization.

"You will kill Lucien. Now that he is no longer linked to me, you can freely kill him." I realized 

"We can't. He is still can't be killed because of the serum. We need you to perform the spell that Davina and Vincent found." Hayley further explained.

"No! I will not help you in killing Lucien! Find another powerful witch to perform it." I shouted and flick my finger to transport myself outside the compound. 

I can't believe Hayley said those words like she doesn't feel what I feel. I guess she doesn't because Elijah is perfectly protected by the Strix and us. She even asked me to perform a spell that could kill Lucien. I may love my family but I also love Lucien so I can't do it. Unless I find a way to hijack their plan and find a new spell that could save Lucien. But first, I have to find Lucien before Niklaus and Elijah do something stupid to him.