Chapter 25

Brooklyn's POV:
The waves crashed over my head. I couldn't breathe. I tried to get my head above water but I couldn't, the ocean was too strong. It felt as if my whole life flashed before my eyes. Death greeted me with open arms.

Suddenly I felt my limp body being lifted out of the water. A bright light blinded me: was this heaven? I felt something pressing down on my chest and I gulped in air.
As soon as I opened my eyes I distinguished the blurry image of people crowding around me. My eyesight came into focus and it was then that I realised that someone in the group had saved my life. I sat up, steadying myself.
"Who saved me?" I asked, still quite confused.
"That would be me," a voice spoke. A pretty girl with wet, bobbed, wavy hair came forward.
"You saved my life, thanks I guess," I said, laughing slightly.
"Anytime," she replied, her skin glowing in the sunlight. "My name's Amber by the way."
"Brooklyn, nice to meet you."
Her hair was dripping and her brown eyes sparkled. I asked to meet her in a nearby beach bar later on.
"So, Amber, how long have you been in Bora Bora for?"
"Well it's been about six months. I came here to be a lifeguard but mainly I just wanted to be in the sun...a bit of a change from the hustle and bustle of New York City. I like swimming and obviously there's not very many places to swim or surf in New York. Why are you here anyway?"
"Well I was here on holiday with my girlfriend," I mentally punched myself, how could I be so stupid and mess up my chances with Amber? She looked puzzled. "But we split up, and I'm over her now," I said even though it hasn't been very long and I was completely not over her. I wasn't sure if I would ever get over her.