Chapter 4

Laurens POV:

"I don't know what to do..." Hayley exclaimed.
"What, what's s it?!?!?" I replied.
"Isaac Johnson asked me out!" She said and I couldn't work out if she was happy or sad. Isaac Johnson, by the way, was the most attractive and most popular boy in our year and all the girls wanted him. Except for me and I wasn't sure if Hayley was head over heels for him either. However, out of all the girls he could of asked I could see why he chose Hayley. She had long dark brown hair and gleaming blue eyes. She always wore the most fashionable clothing and all the boys thought she was the 'fittest' girl in the year.
"And...?"I asked.
"Well, I'm not sure. I don't like him as much as everyone else and I'm scared all the other girls will hate me for taking the guy they've been in love with for the past five years. I also kinda like someone else...But I really don't want to break his heart, and on the plus side it would boost our popularity majorly. We could be the queen bees of St Bartholomew! And I might end up liking him!" She babbled on. I couldn't get a word in edgeways.
"So..."
"So I'm thinking I'll say yes to him. Wait, I'll call him and see if he wants to come over. Is that ok for you?" She asked.
"Yeah, it's your house," I said but secretly I just wanted to be with Hayley on her own, I mean she was the one who made me leave the football game to come here to practically not say anything.

Ten minutes later a knock on the door echoed through the huge house. Isaac stepped inside. Hayley rushed down to greet him, I was traipsing behind with a fake smile plastered on my face. I knew what these popular boys were like. I tried not to mix with them.
"So do you have an answer? I really really like you and I think we'd make a really cute couple, don't you think L...la...Laura?" He said having trouble remembering who is was. All populars were like that, if you didn't mix 24/7 with them then they refused to remember your name, even after I'd known him since p1.
"It's Lauren,"I replied, acting as if I wasn't interested in him and I didn't swoon over him like the rest of the girls.
"My answer to you is absolutely yes!" Hayley interrupted. A few minutes ago she was debating whether she liked him, and she also said she liked someone else? I was confused.
"Well I'll see you sometime then...babe," he said to her. I hated it when people called each other babe.
"Okay, how about we meet at Starbucks tomorrow? You've got my number, call me tonight...babe," she replied, glee covering her face. 
I checked my phone to cover the cringing on my face as they called each other babe. A Text from Brooklyn showed up?
"Hi Lauren, want to meet up?"
"Umm hey Brooklyn, sure when?"
"How about Princes Street, McDonalds? I've just finished the game and I'm starving! Where did you go by the way?"
"I'm at Hayley's at the moment and it's not far away from Princes Street. And I'll explain when I see you, it's complicated. Where are you?"
"I'm walking from the bus stop to McDonald's just now, meet you in five?"
"Meet you in five."