Chapter 16

Lauren's POV

"What the hell?!?!?"
We both broke free from the kiss and turned round to see Pricilla and her motley crew staring at us, mouths wide open.
"You slut!! He's mine!" She shouted. I raised an eyebrow at her and smirk. Brooklyn did the same.
"I think you'll find that I'm not your's and in actual fact I am Lauren's. I love Lauren and there is nothing you can do about it. Now please, could you take yourself and your pathetic little gang out of here before I call my bodyguard," Brooklyn stated, making Pricilla run away, holding onto her friends for support. I was pretty sure that she was crying.
"Well now that that's sorted we can do whatever we want," I leaned in to rest my head on his chest but as soon as I did this the bell went.
"Well maybe not everything," I laughed. We headed to maths and luckily we were in the same class.
--------
"So anyway, they were kissing and she was being all slutty and disgusting. Like, she's like stealing my boyfriend. Like I know he's not technically mine but I was going to get him to be my boyfriend. I bet she only likes him because he's a Beckham," I heard Pricilla gossip to her 'friends'.
"Oh yeah, and like, why would he even like her? She's the ugliest person at this school, wait let me rephrase that; the ugliest person in the world," one of the babbled. That one hit me hard. But in some ways she was right. Why did Brooklyn like me?
"She's soooo pathetic, she's just an all round weirdo-slut! I mean, we all hate her. Why doesn't he hate her? Bet he actually prefers us. We're drop dead gorgeous, all of us. Especially me. sorry not sorry but it's true. I've got the model long blonde hair and the perfect features. What's not to like?" Pricilla winked. Her cronies looked shocked, and also hurt. I kinda felt bad for them. She's very modest, I had to give her that.
"Hey babe," Brooklyn sauntered over, his grey Eastpak slung over his broad shoulders. "Don't take notice of them." I didn't realise but I was staring in their direction. He pulled my arm and turned me around so that I was facing him. "Excuse this," he whispered in my ear, pulling me into a hug. He then pulled his middle finger up and shouted "Eff off and leave my princess alone!!!" But obviously he didn't say 'eff' he said the word. I smiled at him. He called me princess. Aww.
"I love you," I said, truly meaning it.
"I love you more, so much more than you can imagine. You're everything to me," he whispered, just enough so I could hear.

---------

"I love you," the words were ringing in my ears. He loved me. The Brooklyn I loved, loved me back. He was my prince, my knight in shining armour, and I could never lose him.