Chapter 22

Lauren's POV:
As much as I loved Bora Bora, I was missing my family. I didn't even think they knew where I was. I knew I would be in a lot of trouble when I got home, a lot more than Brooklyn would.
"Brooklyn?"
"Yes?"
"I was wondering, when are we going home?"
"Home?! I thought you wanted to travel the world with me, go places we've always dreamed of?! If you think money's a problem or something I can assure you we've got more than enough with us and plenty more where that came from," he exclaimed.
"No,no, it's not the money. And of course I want to be with you it's just... I miss my family and I know they're probably heartbroken."
"Well if it's what you want, but personally I'd rather stay here," he grumbled.
"Brooklyn, please don't be like this," I pleaded.
"Look, I'm having the time of my life and if you're going to put a dark cloud over my head the rest of our stay then you can just leave!"
"Brooklyn, what the hell?! I thought we were in this together? You don't have to get so angry, I just miss my family too much."
"Well clearly I mean nothing compared to your family!"
"Brooklyn, why would you think that? I love you but I also love my family the same!"
"Well if you care so much about them then leave!! Take your things and go!"
"Brooklyn how can you say that? Aren't you coming with me?"
"No, I'm not coming with you, I'm staying here! And you can pay for your own flight back because I don't care about you!"
At that point I just burst into tears and fled out of the room. How could he do that to me?
"Wait...Lauren...I didn't mean it like that," he tried to explain but I wasn't having any of it. I shoved my things into my bags and headed for the airport, leaving Brooklyn alone in Bora Bora.