I got in the car and closed the door.

"Hey," Marco said with a smile. I glanced at him and smiled back, expecting something from him. "You look nice today." he said.

I let out a short sigh and fastened my seatbelt. "Thanks. You too." 

He began driving to the restaurant and turned on the radio so there wouldn't be much awkward silence between us.

"So, how was your day?" he asked awkwardly. 

"Fine." I replied curtly.

"Did you do anything fun?" he added.

I shook my head no and he nodded, getting the idea that I didn't want to talk to him. The restaurant wasn't too far away from my place, so we got there in less than 20 minutes. He parked the car easily and then got out of it quickly so he could run around the car and open the door for me.

I thanked him and automatically plastered a smile on my face. Whenever Marco and I were out in public, moping around wasn't an option. I had to look happy. 

The paparazzi were already there - probably getting a little tip from Anna that we were coming. They were all shouting questions and some even screamed 'happy birthday', but of course - Marco didn't hear. Or maybe he just didn't care.

Upon walking in, I noticed that the restaurant was dim. Like, really dim. I could've tripped over a rug and nobody would've noticed. 

"Table for Mr. Reus, yes?" the maitre'd said. Marco nodded and the lady brought us to our table. Instead of sitting in one of the normal tables in the restaurant, she led us further to one of the private rooms which was weird since Anna always wanted us to get 'exposed' and sitting in a private room was the complete opposite of 'exposed'. 

Marco walked slower a little bit so I was able to walk in front of him. The waitress slid the door to the private room open and I walked in to a completely dark room. 

God, what is it with restaurants these days.

"Reus, can you turn on the lights? I can't see anything."

"Sure."

Marco turned on the lights and when I expected to see one table and two chairs on either sides of it, I saw all my friends and close family members.

"SURPRISE!" 

I let out a yelp of surprise and moved back a little bit. My eyes widened in shock as I saw everyone there ranging from my parents all the way to the receptionist from Anna's office. Balloons and streamers were everywhere and immediately, some music turned on from the speakers in the room.

"Happy birthday, Mia!" Anna screamed, being the first to run over to me. She grabbed me and pulled me into a hug, pounding my back happily. "Did you really think I forgot your birthday?" she laughed. 

I grinned and hugged her back just as tightly. "Thanks, Anna. You're the best."

Anna didn't have a chance to reply as I was engulfed into another hug by another person. 

MARCO

I hung back at the end of the room with a smile. I was holding a beer in my hand as I watched people hug Mia and go get some food. Anna waddled over to me as fast as she could in her tall heels and stood next to me.

"Good job, Marco. Can't thank you enough." she said, giving me a high five.

"No problem, Anna," I replied. "It's for her anyway, right." I whispered under my breath. The music was so loud that Anna didn't even listen. Instead, she clapped me on the back and went to go talk to some of the other guests.

I checked my watch to see the time - 7:40. We've got a long, long night to go.

+

At around 10, the party started winding down but I knew that this wasn't anything yet. Mia was slightly tipsy from all the champagne that she had but she was still conscious of everything. After her parents left and it was just a few friends of hers and mine, Mia sat down on one of the sofas in the large room.

"This was great," she smiled at all of us. "Thanks, guys." 

Ava shook her head, suddenly appearing from behind Mats and Erik. "We're not quite done with you yet, Bauer." she said mischievously to which everyone started cheering. 

"What?" Mia said confusedly. The lights in the private room dimmed down and the music turned up a notch, pumping EDM throughout the room. It was sort of becoming a party scene now and I knew Mia would be far from tipsy by the end of the night.

The drinks started coming in and we all took a shot per person and at the count of 3, we all downed it down together. By my third drink, I lost count of all the drinks I drank and the things I said.

MIA

My head was pounding, my skin was burning and my legs felt like jell-o. However, I continued to drink and let the burning liquid slide down my throat. 

Lights were flashing and people were dancing, all pressed up against each other. 

And then my eyes met his. 

He was standing at the corner of the room, talking to someone. The room was dim but I could still see him clearly. His green eyes met my blue ones and he offered me a cheeky smile.

I stood up, set my drink on the table in front of me and stumbled over to Marco. 

"Hey, why are you all alone?" I asked him. 

He shrugged and gave his empty glass away to a passing waiter. 

"Did I tell you that you look beautiful tonight yet, Mia?" he asked me. 

I wanted to reply, but I couldn't even remember. My train of thought slithered away from my mind when a song by Tinashe and Snakehips played through the speakers. I automatically began swaying to the music gently.

"Wanna dance?" I asked, taking Marco's hand in mine. He nodded and I wrapped my arms around his neck. Even though it wasn't a slow song, I felt like having his arms wrapped around mine. 

Wait, what? Shut up, Mia. That's the alcohol talking.

Marco wrapped his arms around my waist and we swayed back and forth to the beat of the song. 

Halfway through the song, I looked up at him to already see him looking back at me. His lips were tugged up at the corners and his dimples were poking up on either sides of his cheeks. 

And I didn't know if it was the alcohol, or the song that was playing or the way Marco's eyes glinted under the flashing lights that made me want to kiss him. But I did. 

I pulled his neck down gently and pressed my lips onto his. A warm feeling spread throughout my body and I knew that this time, it definitely wasn't the alcohol. The kiss was short and sweet and I pulled away before I even knew what was happening. But I knew one thing, and it was that I wanted him. 

//

ooooooooooooo smoochie smoochie

BUT DONT FORGET SHE'S DRUNK BTW

havent updated in a month or so IM SORRY dont hate me i've had major writers block it took me 3 days to complete this chapter :/ ug

i'll try and write the next chapter asap for you guys!! but until then enjoy the two chapters :) 

please comment and vote and tell me what you thought about this chapter!! 

happy reading lovelies!xx