Chapter 16: The Unexpected

Start from the beginning

I dialed the familiar number and waited for it to ring. Shadé didn't think I was serious about this, but I'll show her how serious I really am.

"Vinny! Hello my handsome fiancée," the familiar, high pitched feminine voice said happily.

I smiled sadly at her joyous attitude.

"Mel, do you think you could come by the Windsor for a few minutes," I asked straight-forwardly. There was a short pause before she replied.

"Oh sure. I'll be there in an hour, honey. I love-"

Before she could finish her sentence I hung up. I know it may seem rude of me to do such a thing, but if I was to let her finish, then I'd be obligated to say it back, and saying it back would make me a...liar.

As of now, I've made up my mind.

I'm in love.

With Folashadé.

__________

45 Minutes Later

"Your Highness, Lady Melanie has arrived," a maid, I believe her name was Aimee, announced from where she stood at the library's threshold.

"Already," I asked in surprise.

I wasn't expecting Mel to arrive here this early. She told me she'd be here in an hour and within that hour, I was still thinking of what I could tell Shadé tonight, or how I could apologize to her.

I stood up from my armchair and followed the maid to the foyer. The moment Melanie saw me, she rushed into my arms. I had no other choice but to wrap my arms around her.

"Hey, baby," she greeted joyously into my chest. Melanie was always a merry girl, always happy and smiling.

"Hey, Mel," I replied. I let go of her and, gently, pushed her away in arms reach, but still keeping a firm grip on her forearms. I stared at her flatly while she looked at me with a contagious smile; it almost made me want to smile back at her. But I didn't.

"Mel, we need to talk," I began as I led her upstairs to my bedroom.

"Oh yes, we really do need to talk! I have something to tell you," she squealed excitedly.

As we made our way up to my bed chambers, I realized that Melanie was practically hopping her way there. What was she so excited for?

"Can I go first, please, Vinny! Please," she begged joyously once we were in the privacy of my room. I knew that once I tell her what I've been planning on telling her, she wouldn't want to speak to me afterwards, so I'll just let her go first.

I chuckled softly and waved for her to continue. "Fine, fine, go ahead."

She clapped her palms together in glee as she began to announce whatever it was that she had to tell me so badly.

"Well, since we're going to be a married couple soon, we might also have to add a new addition to our family!"

Those words made it seem as if my whole world has shattered. My original plan of telling her that the marriage is off has completely left my thoughts.

"W-what are you saying," I asked incredulously.

Her smile grew to an even higher degree before she replied. "I'm pregnant, Vinny," she exclaimed happily. To say she was elated was an understatement.

"Oh, that's great...," I trailed off.

I have to tell her that this wedding is over, but at the same time, she is having my baby and if I do that, then she'll look bad amongst society. But, what about Shadé? She's having my child as well, and I am in love with her.