Chapter 1: My new English teacher

Kendall

2012, September

I throw my school bag on the floor as I made my way to my seat. First day of school, again. I hate elementary school so much. Next year I'll be on high school by that time already. But I kind of feel like this year something big will happen, but what's more about my feeling is that that big thing will get lost and get found again, and get even bigger. Something is telling me that this year every little thing will be changed.

My thoughts got interrupted by the principal walking in with a woman, she has to be around her 20s. Is that the new English teacher I was so excited to see the whole summer?

"Class, silence. This is your new English teacher, miss Delevingne. She's British, so try and learn as much as possible from her," the principal says with a loud tone. "Good luck handling them," he says before he walks out.

You see, our class is a problem but we're extremely smart and intelligent. We get the best test results at everything. Well... But English.

"Hello, guys. My name is Cara Delevingne and I'll be teaching you English," she says. Her voice is very nice, a bit raspy but nice. And she seems confident although I can see she's a bit nervous, I can see it by her upper lip.

"I don't know any of you, so when I call you, may you stand up and introduce yourselves, please?"

It may be strange but I notice every little detail about a person. Some people think it's creepy but I think it's a good thing, because you get more information about someone before you even talk to them.

"Kendall Jenner?" I hear her raspy voice call my name. I stand up and look into her ocean blue eyes.

"My name is Kendall Jenner, friends and family call me Ken or Kenny, I'm 15 years old and I've never been to England," I say without one single wink. Cara didn't take her eyes of me since the second our eyes met. I don't know but something about her is interesting.

"Why do I get the feeling you two won't like each other?" Tyler says as we walk out of the class.

"Do you know any teacher I liked?" I say back. He just smiles.

"I just can't get you out of my head..." I sing along with Kylie Minogue as I enter my house. Today was a mess. I hate elementary school. I only got 5 months to choose which high school I'll be visiting for the next 4 years, and I have no idea yet. I was thinking about a gymnasium but I don't know. And about a professional high school, I have literally no idea what do I want to do in my life.

Cara

"There's my little girl! How was first day?" Mom hugs me as I walk into the house.

"Mom, I'm not a little girl anymore, and it was horrible, but thank you for asking," I answer in annoyed tone.

You see, she's not really my mom. My parents died when I was 5, she was a great friend of dad's so she adopted me. And recently I told her that I'm bisexual, she needed a few months to get along with it but she understands me.

"Have you met any cute girls?" Ugh.

"Mom, they're all 15. I'm 23, and believe me or not, I'd rather have a man than a girl," I say back.

I don't live here anymore. Since I got my own job I moved into my father's apartment, but I still visit my 'parents' every week.

"I'll go upstairs and get some sleep." Mom looks at me and smiles.

"Okay, baby. Good night, sleep well."

"You too."

My phone lights up as I get a message. Josh. Ugh. He is my ex-boyfriend, we broke up a few weeks ago.

'Hey, baby. I was thinking you wanna hang out tonight? :)' I check the time. 3 am. I quickly respond.

'Josh, I believe you have a wrong number ;).' He responds withnin seconds.

'Cara, I don't think so :)'. Fucking stupid idiot.

'Josh, stop texting me. I'm sick of your plays. Find another girl to cheat on.'

You see, he cheated on me twice. That's why we broke up. I gave him another chance but he cheated on me again.

Tomorrow will be a long day. It's Tuesday, so I should get ready for my work. I put my phone on airplane mode and fall asleep.