Chapter Forty-seven. Io Mi Dedico a Te.

So I learnt yesterday that FOURTY is not correct (I know, wtf, right?)

Chapter!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Tom came back home I had bad news. On the past week I had found Günther trying to make Bora move out of bed but we had to rush out little dog to the vet only so they told us she had passed away. Unlike Tom, I wasn't taking it well. Perhaps the hormones were not helping, but I still waited for Tom to arrive with Lena on my lap and Günther snuggled next to me on the sofa.

We heard the door click and Rize ran to the door. Günther jumped up and yelled in excitement.

"Daddy!" I watched him run behind the dog and Lena clapped her hands too.

"Dah-dah?" She looked at me with her big brown eyes.

I pulled her up and went to find him at the door with Bill standing next to him after picking him up from the airport.

"Oh, man!" He was holding Günther up and hugging him. "Are you bigger? You feel heavier!" Tom smiled at Günther and he shook his head with a toothy grin on his face.

"Hi..." I said and kissed Bill's cheek. "Thanks." I turned to Tom and he opened his arm to hug me too.

"Wow, only two weeks, Jo!" He kissed my temple.

"Hey, I hate to do this, but I need to go." Bill said goodbye and left very quickly.

"What's up with that?" I asked Tom with a small side smile on my face.

"Oh, don't ask me!" He put his hands up after putting Günther down. "Get that guitar, I want to hear you!"

"Yes!" Günther ran upstairs.

"And you, you are definitely bigger!" He picked Lena up and we went to the family room in the back. "What's up with your mommy, huh?"

I turned around and Tom put Lena down on her walker. I saw him put his hands on his hips with furrowed brows.

"What's the matter?"

I tilted my head to the side and looked away, fighting some tears on my eyes.

"Bora died yesterday." I said quietly and noticed Tom looking around the floor.

"Jo..." He walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me, "I'm sorry." He whispered and soothed me, caressing my back and kissing my forehead. "I'm very sorry."

"I know..." I told him. "I just... I wasn't ready!" I said, hiding my face in his chest and accepting the hug with gratitude.

We were like that for a few seconds and when we pulled away, he reached up to my face and as tenderly as he could, wiped the tears away from my cheeks.

I blinked with wet lashes and pursed my lips to give him a sad smile as he stared down at me.

"Hey, it's okay..." He tried to comfort me. "I'll miss her too, but I don't want you to cry about it."

"I know..." I muttered and put my hands on his before we turned to Lena waving her shirt around, standing in front of us in her pink diaper. "Oh, baby..." I let go of Tom's hands and went to pick her up, wiping my face roughly with my sleeves.

"No, wait!" Tom put his hand on my arm and made me stop before I even touched her. "That's the kind of picture I need in my wallet."

I stared at him while he took out his phone and snapped a picture of her smiling with the small yellow shirt in her hands.