Chapter Thirty. I Know Your Heart Is Breaking.

It's Tiësto (and confusion) Night!

Sorry for the trouble, I think this one is a little clearer!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt blew the candle along with Günther, he was one year old. One year already! I smiled at them and snapped a picture while mom, Fernando, Dylan and his girlfriend clapped for the little boy. I kissed my little guy and gave Matt a kiss on the cheek as well.

We celebrated for a couple of days until my mom went back to Spain and Matt, who was back to work as usual now got ready to go to London to shoot a couple of projects. We said goodbye to him at the door of the penthouse and then I took Günther out for dinner. It was the worst idea; as usual, I had him sitting on my lap, so when my phone started ringing all I had to do was reach out into my bag and pull out the iPhone to answer.

I picked the up the phone and the woman on the other side of the line turned out to be a nurse in a hospital in Mexico. My whole body went cold, I didn't even know dad was going on vacations to Mexico... it had been over a year since the last time we spoke... and he had been in a car crash.

I thanked the woman for the information and left money on the table before pulling Günther up and picking up my stuff to go back home. I felt sick thinking about what could have happened.

I called the housekeeper as soon as I walked through the door.

"Could you take him upstairs?"

I let her carry Günther and she walked away while I took deep breathes to go get my computer and buy plane tickets. I booked the first flight I could get and I got everything ready to leave that same night; I thought I could do it alone, I didn't know how bad it was...I had no idea...

When I got to Mexico I felt a little suffocated by the humidity in the air and the heat of the city; I had Günther with me and I tried to stay positive but I got the worst kind of news. Jazz and Ulrike had passed away, and to make it worse, they asked me confirm the identities. I had to leave Günther with a nurse outside the morgue and go into the cold room to look at them.

When I held Günther again I was scared, I could only imagine how my father was doing and what Lily would look like.

I decided to go see Lily first and while the nurse showed me the way I texted Matt, telling him to call me as soon as he could. She was fine except for some small burns on her legs; I put Günther down and held the two of them together with relieve before making sure Lily was completely fine.

I called Matt as soon as I saw my father; everything was too overwhelming and I couldn't be there on my own. He couldn't make it, he said that he would be there as soon as he could; but by the time he arrived I was struggling not to breakdown next to the empty bed my dad left. Günther was still too young to understand anything and I tried not to hold on to him, but I felt like everything was falling apart around me.

We buried them in Germany, Matt and I struggled to get the papers we needed, but in the end we managed to get the remains back to Hamburg and we buried them.

I saw people at the burial, but I couldn't remember who was there and who wasn't. I let Ulrike's sister take Lily and ignored every attempt from Matt to speak. I snuck out at night and I locked myself in the bathroom whenever I dreamt of Jazmin's face, I knew I was going to lose it, but I couldn't do anything.

"Hey..." I heard a voice and turned around on the couch, it was Bill, and he was walking into the living room with Tom following. "How are you? I heard you're going home tomorrow."