21

Despite my efforts to pull away, our faces just seemed to be getting closer and closer. I wrinkled my face and closed my eyes, but I felt two strong arms around my waist pulling me back.

"Vincent." I looked behind me to see Donghyuk with the coldest expression I've ever seen him give. He was glaring at Vincent and protectively laced his hand through mine. "What are you doing?"

Vincent smirked before smugly replying, "oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know you liked her enough to get jealous." He turned to me and winked, "I'll be seeing you, Y/N." I watched as he walked away and disappeared.

Donghyuk scowled next to me, obviously angry. "Donghyuk," I said as I gently rested my hand on his arm. "I'm sorry."

He looked at me, and his features softened as he smiled. "I'm not mad at you, Y/N." He cupped my face into his hands before continuing, "you didn't do anything. He's just trying to get back at me for breaking up with Vanessa or something."

I looked down at the floor. "Oh.. you just looked so angry."

He chuckled and grinned at me. "It's called jealousy. Because you're mine." He then wrapped me into a big hug and glanced at his watch. "Sira, Y/N. Let's go explore the festival with the boys. Our shifts are over."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Donghyuk and I trailed behind the group hand in hand. I watched as they all whispered to one another and leaned into Donghyuk. I walked slowly because I was trying to take in all the lights flashing from various booths, smells from the different vendors, and stars that began to twinkle one by one.

We all walked into a garden near the school's gates decorated in colorful lanterns, admiring the soft glow of the lights. Bobby broke the silence and wondered, "are we allowed to get lanterns today?"

Sira chimed in, "at the end of the festival we get our own lanterns to light! We make a wish, and then we set them off into the air," she exclaimed.

Hanbin said in between mouthfuls of his choco cone, "I'm going to wish for Chanwoo to be my choco cone servant forever."

Chanwoo gaped at Hanbin in disgust and then groaned at the sky. "What?!? Why are you so obsessed with choco cones?!?!" T~T

Junhoe popped his hip sassily and shrugged. "Yeah, why are you so obsessed with choco cones when you could be obsessed with me, Hanbin?"

We all erupted into laughter when Sira suddenly yelled out, "now!" She ran off into the distance with Yoyo at her side and the other boys trailing behind, leaving Donghyuk and me alone.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and opened my mouth in surprise. Donghyuk chuckled next to me as he pulled me in by the waist. "You're oblivious, Y/N."

I tilted my head to the side, still confused. "To what, Donghyuk?"

He left one hand on my waist and the other moved up to my chin. "They obviously planned it so we could..." His voice trailed off as a light pink began to cloud his cheeks.

I stared into his eyes and prodded, "so we could do what?"

He began to lean in while slowly dropping his eyelids and whispered, "do this."

His warm lips met with mine, and I felt my heart explode into fireworks. We both melted into the kiss, and I wrapped my arms around his neck to pull him in more. His hand moved from my waist to my hair, tangling his fingers with my hair. His arms circled my waist as we pulled away and rested our foreheads against each other.

He smiled lovingly at me and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. I quickly pecked his lips again and breathed out, "oh."

He chuckled and sighed, "finallyyyyy," before giving me a kiss on the forehead. He began to lead me to the bench near the school's fence. "Y/N..." I looked up at him while he took my hand into his, warming them up. "Will you..."

His words were cut off when the bushes near us began to rustle violently. We both stood up in shock and tentatively peered into the bushes.

Vanessa pushed out of them, completely disheveled. She had a few cuts on her legs, and her face was smudged with dirt. "What happened, Vanessa?!" I covered my mouth in disgust and surprise after I saw all the blood dripping from her hands.

She panted, "emergency. Mr. Grim's. Now."

[A/N: Sorry for the short chapter! I have to get ready for school now but had spare time to write before ^-^ THEY KISSED! <3 More kissies to come ;3]