9

I told her everything, starting with my time with Donghyuk on the campus all the way until we parted ways. She hung onto every word, only muttering when I brought up Vanessa.

"Do you think she hates me?" I scratched my neck nervously, almost scared for the answer.

"Nah, she just really enjoys any attention from guys, especially Donghyuk's. She basically went after my precious Yoyo at one point. I still wonder why I didn't kill her." Sira shrugged at me like it was the norm around here.

"You mean, she doesn't like Donghyuk?" Sira must've caught my confused expression because she quickly waved her hands back and forth while shaking her head.

"I mean I don't know for sure. I'm pretty sure she must've at some point, but I just know they'll never be a thing again. Plus, it was awkward when they even were together." She paused just to fake gag for emphasis.

"What happened?" I curiously prodded, not because of jealousy but genuine curiosity.

"Oh, it was so long ago. Like, early middle school long ago. But basically, their parents egged them on to date and so they did. Donghyuk might've liked her because I remember he tried so hard to make it work, and it probably would've but I'm not sure what happened between them exactly. I just know it was always super awkward and tense whenever the two were in the same room, like they wanted to say something to each other but just couldn't be themselves." Sira ran her fingers through her hair before continuing, "I was at Yunhyeong's place one day when Donghyuk ran through crying. I wanted to help but it took a while before he was willing to let even Yoyo talk to him. I left to give them privacy..."

"What happened?" I leaned in closer as if it was some big secret.

"I don't know. But after that day, the Dongessa ship sank and they broke up but remained friends, I guess."

I nodded, trying to absorb all the gossip. Is it weird to know this much about someone's past after one day? Moments of silence passed before we silently agreed to rest. Sira and I yawned at the same time and lazily slipped into dreamland.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mr. Grim's Office

"She's here." Mr. Grim was looking out of the large window into the lifeless campus. "I know what I saw. I haven't seen one in years but it's the one. She's the one."

"Well, if you're so sure then we need to act... quickly." A voice was heard from the corner of the room, obscured by the shadows.

"I already called the best around the world to come here. It won't be safe, but we don't know anything about what she knows. Her knowledge could be extensive, but it could also be very limited." Mr. Grim started to rub his chin thoughtfully. "I don't want to catch her off guard."

"Oh, but the element of surprise is always the best, isn't it, Mr. Grim?"

Mr. Grim slowly turned away from the window and straightened his shoulders and sternly said, "I don't want you involved in this at all. Just promise me, you'll do nothing until we decide how to approach this situation."

The figure remained in the shadows, absent mindedly observing the walls. "Fine I give you my word. But if you act too slow, I will jump in, and you're not going to like it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to Y/N

I woke up to an energetic Sira bouncing on my bed, making my lifeless body flop all around.

"Wake uppppp! Wakeeeee up! WAKE UP!" She chanted continuously, but I managed to just cover my head with my pillow and blankets. "You're gonna be late and I'm not going to be there to save you~"

"Urgrhrefhu" I grumbled into my pillow. "Fine. But I want-"

"Donghyuk?" Sira teased and continued jumping.

"Actually, I was going to say hashbrowns." I smirked at her and started to get ready.

"So you don't want me?" Sira and I turned toward the doorway to find Donghyuk pretending to be in pain and Yunhyeong standing outside the door. My jaw dropped to the floor, partly because he looked really handsome, but mostly because I was still in my cow-themed pajamas with bed hair.

Sensing my embarrassment, Sira managed to push them out, but Donghyuk was able to slip in, "Don't worry, Y/N! I think you look adorable unprepared!"

"How did they get in?!?" I blushed and frantically got ready for breakfast at the dining hall.

"Heh," Sira rubbed the back of her neck and twirled her hair. "I may have left my key in Yoyo's room yesterday."

"Ugh, I forgive you for basically causing the most embarrassing moment of my life," I grumbled. I opened the door to find Donghyuk and Yunhyeong waiting outside like lost puppies. The four of us travelled to the rest of the boys's dorms and head down to the dining hall together.

"Btw, Y/N, you look better in those cow pajamas than Jinhwan does," Donghyuk smiled at me and then smirked at Jinhwan.

"You're really asking to die, aren't you?!?" Jinhwan playfully shouted and hit Donghyuk. Jinhwan turned to me, smiled, and whispered, "we can twin."