10

After breakfast, I slipped out into the hallway before classes started to call Aunt Daina.

After the first ring, her comforting voice filtered through the phone, "sweetie! I missed you so much! How was your first day? Anything new?"

I made sure to catch her up on everything, including my classes and teachers and even Donghyuk. I blushed the entire time I was trying to describe him to her. It's only been a day since I met the guy. Why does he do this to meeee? It's ruining my life T~T. [A/N: Feels about every bias tbh]

"He seems like a cute kid. Before the wedding I have to meet him though, okay?" Aunt Daina always knew how to calm me down with witty jokes.

"Okay, I will," I smiled even though she couldn't see it, "I gotta go now, Aunt Daina! I'll be late and you'll be the one to blame!"

"Alright, my little rose. Have fun and good luck!"

I quickly hung up and turned around to head to class but instead ran straight into Hanbin's chest.

"Woah, your head is soft that barely hurt." Hanbin poked my forehead for emphasis.

"Hey! It's still developing!" We both laughed and continued to walk to class together. "It was your fault for standing right behind me, though," I teased.

"Pffft. I just wanted to say something but you talk on the phone too much," he smirked, and I knew he was referring to my descriptions of Donghyuk. " 'He's so cute and sweet and has the hottest abs I've ever laid eyes upon! Like some kind of deity! Innocent on the outside and sexy beast on the inside. Just the way I like my men,' " Hanbin proceeded to mock me.

"HEY! I never said that~" I whined and playfully hit his chest while he burst out laughing at his apparently spot on imitation.

"Hahahaha but you were thinking it. Just admit it," Hanbin winked at me before pointing to Donghyuk's seat, "Looks like he saved the seat next to him for you. Don't keep your sexy beast waiting, Y/N!" He ran off towards Bobby before I could hit him, and I saw Donghyuk wave me over.

"Are you okay? You look like you're at a loss of words," Donghyuk chuckled. I nodded at him and smiled as I settled into the seat next to him, not wanting to relive Hanbin's teasings.

Before Mr. H could begin his lecture, the intercom went off.

"Attention Nitewod Academy. In light of a new circumstance this year, the campus must be closed off to any visitors, and students are unable to leave campus without permission. These rules will be enforced until Mr. Grim says otherwise. We are sorry for the inconvenience and hope you all understand. Have a great day."

The class erupted into groans and complaints, but Mr. H merely shut them up with his loud whistling. "Hey! I know this isn't exactly ideal for anyone right now, but trust me, these safety measures are for the best," Mr. H explained, glancing at me, "there are things out there during this time that should be kept out for security reasons."

Once Mr. H turned back to the board to begin his lecture, Donghyuk whispered, "looks like my plan to take you out this weekend to tour the town is cancelled. It's okay, though. We can compromise." He winked at me and I felt my soul leave my body, but it was brought back when a piece of paper hit me in the back of the head. I picked it up and caught Vanessa smirking at me.

Pay attention! You're totally a distraction to me and Dongie. Go flirt with Hanbin instead. -V

Donghyuk must've noticed because he took the paper out of my hands and said rather loudly, "don't recycle that piece of paper. It's basically trash." Although he didn't directly insult her, I glanced back at Vanessa, who had her mouth open in shock. She left me alone for the rest of class.