15

"You were shaking and whimpering pretty loud," his voice wavered a little. "I was so scared and worried about you."

I stared into his eyes, fear still lacing through my own. He patted my back comfortingly and moved from the floor to my bed. As I concentrated on trying to process the dream, I felt his arms wrap around me in warmth. "Hey, it's okay. I'm here." He rubbed my back in slow circles until I regained my composure. He removed me from his embrace to look at my face. His expression was still painted with concern, but he tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear. "I'm here."

I nodded vigorously, thankful to have him with me. I pulled him into a hug again and buried my face into his chest, feeling the effects of the nightmare start to subside. "Thank you," I whispered into his chest.

He rested his chin on top of mine before carefully prodding, "do you want to talk about it?"

I shook my head, still a bit shaken up. "I'll tell you tomorrow if you want, but I kind of just want to sleep right now."

He pulled away and peered into my eyes, searching my face for any sign of discomfort. "Okay," he understandingly nodded as he prepared to move back to the floor.

I'm not sure if it was because I was scared or because I liked him, but I instinctively reached out, grabbing a hold of his shirt. He turned his head to look at me, waiting for me to say something. I shyly looked at the floor as I felt my face heating up. "Can you sleep... like here? With me? I'm uh scared..." I awkwardly let go of his shirt, but I still heard him chuckle and move closer to me.

"You're so cute." He bent down and kissed the top of my head gently. Even though it was dark, I could see him wink at me. "That's a yes, by the way."

Relieved, I moved over so he had room on the bed. "Thank you, Donghyuk." I turned and faced the wall so we wouldn't be too intimate, but I felt him drape his arm around my waist loosely.

"Mhm. Go to sleep," he murmured quietly. I blushed at just having him near me like this, but I still managed to close my eyes and drift off into a peaceful sleep free of demons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sunlight flashed across my eyes as I started to awaken from my sleep. I slowly opened my eyes and felt my head move up and down at a steady rate. Wondering why my head was moving in such a way, I looked down at my pillow, which was not really a pillow. My head had been on Donghyuk's chest, who was still asleep and breathing heavily. His arm was still holding me at the waist.

As I began to remember last night's moments, I abruptly took the blankets and threw them over my head, trying to calm myself. I felt Donghyuk stir next to me and then heard him chuckle slightly.

"What are you doing?" I looked up to see his face peeking under the covers.

"I uh I.. uh nothing. I just.. oh my gosh." I removed the blanket from the head and sat up in my bed. He laughed even more at my stuttering and then crossed his arms across his chest, waiting for an answer. I stubbornly refused to answer him until the silence and the weight of his gaze became too much for me. "I woke up with my head on your chest and I got shy."

He laughed again and ruffled my already messy hair before getting up to stretch. "Ahhh. Get up, Y/N! It's Saturday and I'm hungry."

I smiled as I shook my head at his childish prodding. "Okay okay, Donghyuk." I jumped out of bed and proceeded to get ready until I came across an envelope sitting on my dresser. I picked it up and peered inside, nearly dying at the sight.

There was a photo of Donghyuk and I asleep with my head on his chest and his arm laced around my waist. Another photo was stashed inside of the same pose but with the heads of smiling Sira and Yunhyeong poking in from the bottom. I found a note among the photos.