Day Seven: Cosplaying

"Dean, where are we going?"

Elena tugs against his arm, trying to get out of his grasp. He'd been dragging her behind him for half an hour now and he hadn't spoken one word as to where they were going.

It had started back at the motel. Dean had been acting weird all morning, shoving things into bags and getting ready for god knows what. Elena had ignored it at first, choosing to let him do his thing until he decided to fill her in. But when he ushered her into the car, she realized he had no intention of spilling the beans.

Now they found themselves in the middle of the woods, not a human in sight. The canopy of trees above them prevented much light from getting in, causing the ground to be shrouded in darkness. Elena was tripping over almost every root, but Dean's firm grip on her wrist prevented her from slowing or stopping.

"If you're taking me out here to shoot me in the back of the head, I will haunt your ass," Elena threatens, struggling to catch her breath. Dean doesn't even seem to notice her talking, just continues forward. Frowning, Elena digs her heels into the soft earth. "Dean Winchester, I swear to god—"

"Calm down, Lena. We're almost there," Dean mutters, giving her wrist a quick tug so she continues to stumble forward.

"Almost where? Where are we going?" In response, Dean gives her a quick wink before pulling her through the last section of underbrush. They fall out into a vast clearing, the grass covered by brightly colored tents. People walked in and among them, at least Elena assumed they were people. They wore extravagant masks, pointed ears and teeth, and some even had shimmering wings.

Elena's mouth drops open in shock, the sight before her startling her into silence. Dean takes this opportunity to begin pushing through the crowd. With Elena's mouth still agape, they made it into the center of things before she snapped out of it.

"Help! Help! Somebody help me! This man has kidnapped me!" She shrieks at the top of her lungs, only half kidding as she tries to shove away from Dean. Rolling his eyes in mock amusement, Dean snags her by the waste and clamps his hand firmly over her mouth.

"Very funny, Lena," he mutters, offering a smile to the few people whose attention had been captured by Elena's scene. "But you owe me and I'm cashing in."

"Omw mou?" Elena tries to talk around his hand, failing miserably. "Wham arm mou yalking amoum?"

"What? Didn't catch that," Dean teases as he drags her into the tent he had been searching for. It was fairly empty, just a few chairs surrounding a wooden table. Finally releasing Elena, Dean pulls the bag off his shoulder and sets it down.

"I said, what are you talking about," Elena says dramatically, crossing her arms over her chest. She watches Dean pull out some clothes, squinting at them incredulously. "And what are those?"

"You ask a lot of questions," Dean muses, holding up one of the articles of clothing. The red dress barely hit the floor, its skinny waistline and broad shoulders causing Elena to believe it was for an oversized Barbie doll. "Well? What do you think?"

"I think you'd be the prettiest girl at the ball," Elena says, smirking at him. Dean just rolls his eyes, tossing the dress to her before turning back to the bag. "Oh, you're serious."

"Yeah, I'm serious. So hurry up and change," Dean orders, picking up his own clothes. Shrugging, Elena discards the clothing she was wearing and slips into the dress Dean brought. She was surprised to find it fit nicely, but she still wasn't sure what she was doing wearing it. Turning to look back at Dean, Elena chokes on a laugh.

"Well hello Narnia," she jokes, covering her mouth as she snickers. Dean frowns, looking down at himself.

"I think it's more Lancelot than kid's movie," Dean defends, fingering the chain metal hanging over his shoulder.

"Yeah, okay. Whatever you say Prince Caspian," Elena mutters, running her hands down the dress before clearing her throat. "So what exactly do I owe you for again? Because it better be really good to warrant this."

"Four months ago? You ran out of... lady supplies? I had to give you my jacket... Which you ruined by the way," Dean reminds her, pointing an accusing finger at her while shoving their old clothes in the bag. "Anyway, I told Charlie to tell me next time one of these LARP things was in town. So, here we are."

"Woah, woah, woah, slow down. You're telling me, that because I got some silly little blood on your jacket, I have to go prancing around like a fairy princess?"

"Queen, actually," Dean corrects, tossing her a crown. She catches it, giving it a good once over before eyeing him. He doesn't seem to be backing down, so, giving an exasperated sigh, she puts the golden crown on her head.

"Happy?" Smiling, Dean comes over and pecks her cheek gently.

"Very. Now lets go show these losers how to cosplay," Dean says eagerly, wrapping his arm around Elena's and leading the way out of the tent.

The pair spent the afternoon drinking copious amounts of beer, cheating in several "magic" card games, and sparring with fellow LARPers. Dean had an amazing time taking down the champ in sword fighting, winning a plastic trophy that read BEST PERSON on the bottom. Although Elena had protested at first, even she had to admit Dean looked pretty cute dressed up.

The smile on his face was worth spending a few hours in the heat.