Dinner Pt.2

Mangle's POV

"It's my Mother..She..She died when I was twelve." I stuttered nervously, struggling to say it without those horrible memories coming back into my mind.

*Flashback*
Five and a half years ago.

I sat outside the hospital room next to my big brother Mari on a blue plastic chair, these seats always annoyed me..They were too high to touch the ground and too short to be at all comfortable. Or maybe I'm just picky and trying to distract myself..

I waited, I hoped, I prayed for my Mother to be okay, I just wanted her to walk out of there smiling that beautiful smile of hers, being her usual cheerful, confident self. My Mom had this heart disease that the doctors said was a type of Arrhythmia, like I'm supposed to know what that means! Don't they know I'm twelve, not twenty one!
..But Mom does get heart problems a lot..Her heart beats too fast sometimes at random points in the day and there's nothing she or we can do about it except take her to the doctors, and lately it's gotten worse.
I just..I don't get how they could've let it get this bad! They knew she was ill but they just let her get so unwell and now..And now I don't know what might happen to her!
I can't lose my Mom..She's important to me..Mari, Dad and I can't work without her and she's not just my Mother she's..She's my best friend.
I sniffled ever so slightly and wiped the corners of my eyes quickly. Marionette sat up from his chair and walked in front of my mine, kneeling slightly so he was eye level with me.
"Hey..Don't cry, okay? Mom's gonna be fine. The doctors will take care of her." He said with a serious yet soft tone and reassurance in his eyes, "I know it's hard right now but..Be brave for Mom, sis."
I paused for a while and pondered his words before nodding quickly and straightening my posture, "I will." I said trying to sound as brave as I could. He smiled at me with an approving nod and stood up properly, "Thatta' girl, Mang." I smiled to him, I'm lucky I have Mari with me. If I didn't, I'd quite positively be a mess right now and that wouldn't help anyone.

The sound of a loud alarm coming from Mom's room filled the hallways, and as doctors and nurses ran into the room me and Marionette shared a look of fear.
Dad opened the door to Mom's room and made his way over to us with the same fearful expression.
"D-Dad what's happening? Why are they all in Mom's room? Will she be okay?" Mari asked, looking up at our Dad with pleading eyes. He let out a sigh and knelt down to us both,
"I'm not sure, son. I'm sorry.."
My eyes landed back onto Mom's hospital room door, the sound of the alarm still filling the hallways and ringing in my ears.
My heart was racing, my eyes tearing up and my entire body shaking.
All I could keep telling myself was,
She'll be okay. She'll be okay. She'll be okay.

Suddenly, the alarm stopped ringing and it seemed like there was silence throughout the whole building. I felt a shiver go down my spine as a feeling of emptiness seemed to hit me like a truck, my mind going blank and body frozen still.
A single doctor walked out of the room and looked down at our Father with saddened eyes and exhausted face. Dad stood up from the floor and turned to the doctor,
"I-Is she..?" He said with dread filling up his voice. The doctor nodded, "..I'm so sorry, Roger." He replied, bringing his hand up to his head and slowly walking away from us down the hallways as Dad watched him walk away. His eyes slowly shut as he buried his face in his palms and without a word needed, I knew that this was the last day I'd ever see my Mom. I knew that there would always be an empty seat at the dinner table and at my dance recitals now. I knew I wouldn't be able to see her smile or hear her laugh or feel her embrace ever again. I knew my Mother was gone.

S-She's gone..

*End of Flashback*

A small silence filled the air after I'd explained what happened to my Mom, Foxy was stunned. He looked into my eyes with a sympathetic look and an agape jaw, he shook his head slowly as if in disbelief, "M-Mang.." He let out a small sigh, "I'm so sorry.."
I rubbed the corners of my eyes quickly to prevent any more tears from flowing out my eyes before replying, "I-It's okay Foxy.." I said, looking down at the crystal blue waters of the pool beneath us as we sat on the side.
I felt him place his hand gently on my shoulder, "Hey, you're really brave, you know that right?" I looked up at him as he spoke in a soft tone and I couldn't help but smile slightly at his amiability; he'd been so kind to me and treated me like a friend, not many guys are this sweet having only known them for a couple days. Of course Foxy was sarcastic, he was funny, definitely a charmer, handsome-
I mean..Uhh..
Okay, I can't deny that Foxy is quite possibly undoubtedly good looking, but that's not why I like him. I mean-Not like like, I mean like-
Ugh, the point is, he's a really decent guy and even though I only met him this week I can tell we're going to be close.
Friends. Close Friends.