Back to School

Mangle's POV

{Timeskip, three weeks later and the beginning of Autumn.}

"Yes Mari, I'm sure!" I chuckled at my Brother's uncertainty whether I should go to School without a bodyguard, or at all.
"We can wait another week if you want Mang?" He asked seriously, walking me out to his car.
He insisted on driving me to school while I was still 'Recovering' even after the Doctors told me I was fine.
I hope everyone at school isn't going to treat me like some helpless little kid when I get there..I have enough of that from Mari here, not to mention my friends and Foxy.

The Nurses at the Hospital were incredibly sweet while I was staying there, I started to talk to them more after I'd convinced Foxy to go home finally.
My Father called the Hospital and moved me to a different room, he felt terrible for not being there and was sorry he couldn't make it til the week after.
Of course I was a little disappointed but I understood and forgave him..as usual.
But I am a little worried about him.. He's been spending a lot of time in his office, like more than usual.
Missing meals, locking the door, not answering when I call him,
Sometimes I'm not even sure if he's doing work!
I can hear him downstairs coming home really late, and I know it isn't Mari..

The CEOs of all of his companies even keep calling Marionette to ask where he is.
I'm really worried about him..

As Mari opened his car door for me, I shook off the feeling and got in, shutting it behind me and he began driving us to school.

Marionette parked into the parking lot and got out the car. Before he could jog round to open the door for me I beat him to it,
"Mari, I'm fine, really." I reassured him hopping out.
He sighed and nodded at me,
"I know Mang, I just-Want to help you. Even if you don't need it."
"I gotta go now silly, talk to you later. Try not to worry?" I pouted before walking into the quad, people greeting me with warm smiles as I did. One or two even walking up to me and telling me stuff like;
'So brave!'
'Hope you're doing okay!'
'Did You get my flowers?'

Not that I didn't appreciate their kindness, I returned the compliments of course, but I just wanted to forget it ever happened.

I felt a small tap on my shoulder, only to be greeted by a cheerful looking Foxy, holding a large bouquet of red, white and pink roses all arranged beautifully in the neatly wrapped holder.
"Hey Babe!" He smiled brightly, passing me the roses kindly. My eyes widened larger and larger the longer I stared at them speechlessly, cupping my mouth before letting out a large gasp.
"F-Foxy! They're beautiful, I love them!" I said as I took them from his hands slowly while a large grin was spread across my face.
"Hey, no problem. I'm just glad you're okay." He smiled, bringing me into a warm hug as I held the roses in one hand.
"Well I'm fine, you really need to stop showering me with gifts." I laughed as they began walking to their lockers before the bell rang.
"Hmm..I don't know, why should I?" He smirked teasingly while holding my hand.
"Because you've given me enough! I'm running out of ideas for your Birthday present because you keep topping them!" I exclaimed,
I need to come up with something quick! His birthdays in a week! Fazz, I should've started planning earlier!
"C'mon Mang, I'd be happy if you gave me a piece of dirt." He chuckled as I placed the bouquet carefully into my locker just as the ringing of the bell began echoing through the halls.
I pouted, mustering up the cutest and largest puppy-dog eyes I could muster.
Just for good measure, I fluttered my eyelids a few times to make my eyes look all teary.
Foxy glanced at me for a second until completely stopping in his tracks to stop and look at me, I could tell it was working.
It usually does.
"Babeeee! Pweaseee?" I cried putting my hands together in a childish manner.
He flinched,
"F-Fine! Just s-stop being so cute!" He said, trying to divert his eyes away from me.
"Thank you." I smiled giving him a peck on the cheek as we headed to class.