This place sounded safe, but I couldn't trust it that easily, even with pictures.

"Like I said, security is obviously important. In fact, there's only one resource more critical to our community's survival—the people. Together we're strong. You can make us even stronger. The next picture, you'll see--" Aaron was interrupted by Rick sending a punch to his face, knocking him out cold.

"So we're clear, that look wasn't a 'let's attack that man' look. It was a 'he seems like an okay guy to me' look," Michonne angrily told Rick.

"Me, Skylar and Sasha, we didn't see him. If he had wanted to hurt us, he could've," Maggie told Rick.

"I mean, Aaron seemed like an okay guy, but the way he was talking about his community or whatever. It's all a bit weird," I said to Carl while bouncing Judith on my hip.

She was super hungry, and we didn't have enough food. He nodded, and Rick said to him, "dump his pack." Carl and I set all of Aaron's things on the table.

"I just want us to have a safe place, you know?" Carl asked.
I nodded as he dug through the pack.

"I've never seen a gun like this before," Carl spoke while handing it to Rick. It was an orange gun.

Aaron was tied up, and Rick was hard on him.

"How many of your people are out there? You have a flare gun. You have it to signal your people. How many of them are there?" Rick interrogated.

"Does it matter?"

"Yes."

"I mean, of course, it matters how many people are actually out there, but does it matter how many people I tell you are out there? Because I'm pretty sure no matter what number I say, eight, zero, thirty-two, No matter what I say, you're not going to trust me," Aaron said calmly. It was true; Rick wouldn't trust him.

"Well, it's hard to trust anyone who smiles after getting punched in the face."

"How about a guy who leaves bottles of water for you in the road?"

So it was Aaron who did it. He wanted to help.

"How long have you been following us?" Daryl grunted angrily.

"Long enough to see that you practically ignore a pack of roamers on your trail. Long enough to see that despite a lack of food and water, you never turned on each other. You're survivors. Like I said, and I hope you won't punch me for saying it again, that is the most important resource in the world."

"How many of you are out there?" Rick repeated.

"One other person. There would be enough room for all of you to come back with us," Aaron pleaded.

"I knew you wouldn't believe me. If it's not words, if it's not pictures, what would it take to convince you that this is for real? What if I drove you to the community? All of you? We leave now; we'll get there by lunch," Aaron begged.

"I'm not sure how the 15 of us are going to fit in the car you and your one friend drove down here in," Rick tested.

"We drove separately. If we found a group, we wanted to be able to bring them all home. There's enough room for all of us," Aaron confirmed.