Chapter 2 ~ Jonghyun

I'm going to explain the Korean honorifics right now, so you guys don't get confused while reading this.

Hyung: what males call older males, "Hyung." It means, "Older brother."

Oppa:  what females call older males, "Oppa." It also means, "Older brother."

Noona: what males call older females, "Noona." It means, "Older sister."

Unni: what females call older females, "Unni." It also means, "Older sister."

Umma means mom.

Appa means dad.

Oh, and just so you know, Korean men are required to do at least 21 months of military service once they are of legal age.

So yeah, I know that's a lot of info, but it'll help you guys with understanding the story a lot more.

Okay, well, I didn't tell you all of them, but that's all you need to know for now, so yeah.

******

 Korea, June 20, 2011

"Her whisper is the Lucifer," I sing proudly.

The crowd roars, as we break into our complicated dance.

This, is what I live for.

My heart was pounding, and sweat was dripping down my forehead, I guess performing never gets old. The rush that you get is unreal, and will never be matched.

I slow my breathing as the song comes to an end. 

"Thank you so much for making this a great concert!" Onew shouts into his mic.

All of us nod in agreement. 

Our fans scream as we all scan the crowd, I notice that some of them are... crying?

"We'll be back before you know it!" I call out, trying to make them feel better. I flash a big smile, and wave to the stadium.

I would've never thought that my music would be able to do this to people. Guess I'm wrong.

We all wave goodbye to our adoring fans before finally walking off the stage.

Onew slugs his arm over my shoulder as we get out of view from the still screaming fans outside. "Ahhh, now we can finally go home, and sleep."

I nod dreamily, imagining my soft, soft bed.

"Stop dreaming about sleep, and get in the car," Key huffs from behind. 

I wave him off, "Stop nagging, umma."

Taemin snickers to my right, as Key rolls his eyes. "Seriously though, manager hyung is waiting in the car."

I nod, "Fine, umma."

******

"Wait, what are we doing?" Mihno asks, still confused.

Our manager lets out a sigh. "We're doing a huge  fan giveaway. You guys will be spending the summer with two fans. This will be great for your new album. It'll bring a lot of business."

"More promoting, hyung?" I ask, exasperated. 

He nods, "It's in your best interest."

"We're tired, hyung. We're being overworked."