C H A P T E R 46 Tyler

We both step out of the apartment and feel the cool air brush on our naked and exposed skin. Stepping down the very few stairs we reach the sidewalk and walk side by side I feel the urge to grab ahold of her hand, but I can't, not now. She runs her left hand as always through her faded out hair and begins to talk in a soft and weak voice. "I still can't believe you never told me you were in Catastrophe. Why did you never tell me exactly?" She questioned whilst trying to walk strong. I sighed, "Well, there were some reasons why I never told you." She stopped humming a tune to answer. "Well what may those reasons be?" My skin began to rise and crawl as I felt our hand quickly brush against each other only for half a second. "Well, I didn't want you to fan girl all over me." She scoffed at my first reason. "Please, I'm no fan girl." We both giggled. "Uh, and I didn't want you to treat me any different." She nodded her head, "I guess that's fair, but do I seem. Really any different now?"

I shook my head, "No, your still as amazing as you were when I first met you." She was silent for a second, "Thank you Ty, your just as amazing, even if you were just a tiny bit rude, your a cool guy." I smiled at her comment and honesty. We made little small talk until we arrived to the record shop. "Bye Ty, and thank you." She said squeezing me into a hug that I almost melted in. "Uh, no problem. It was nice, need me to walk you home?" She released me from the hug and raised her eyebrows. "You don't have to, I think you have better things to do." I scoffed. "Not really, but see you later." She gave me one last smile before turning away and running into the shop. I smiled to my self knowing how great everything was fitting together. I felt like screaming out to the world how great I felt. But I kept it in and began to walk whilst humming a familiar tune. The cool breeze felt nice on my face and hands and the sun almost blinded me every time I opened my eyes. I turned my head to the side to avoid the sun and spotted something strange from the other side of the street.

  I saw Zach dressed up nice, even though he usually dressed nice, whilst holding a boutique of daisy's in hand. Did Zach have a girlfriend I never knew about, knowing him he usually had a girl at his side or talked all about girls when practicing. Lately he's been a bit quiet though, maybe he's hiding something. He was heading the opposite direction than me, so I turned around and watched as he walked towards the place I just left, carrying a boutique of daisy's in hand.

  He entered the shop, I couldn't go racing back in like a maniac and watch him hit on some girl like a creep. I shook my head, no, I need to just head back to write and work on some songs. I thought to my self whilst walking back as thoughts of all kind filled my head until it started to leak a little. No, he doesn't even know Sara, I think. Don't think like that. But my thoughts couldn't stop my thinking and pondering as I walked home, alone. It was nice out but now I had a chill on my spine that I'm pretty sure could have frostbite from all the cool breezes that touched me. My hands where shaky and clammy. My foot steps quickened, for I just wanted to be back home in the apartment, writing songs, cooking dinner, playing games, and thinking. The last one was something I couldn't really control, but yet still had full control over, does that make sense?

  I made it back in one piece and closed the door behind me. My stomach began to growl in hunger as I leeched for the kitchen. I got my self a little snack and munched on it in the room as I pulled out my notebook full of not much paper left in it, due to me ripping them all out in the full trash can. My head seemed to not be working quite right, rhymes weren't coming to me as easily, my though blocked most of my ideas out, and I couldn't get my mind off of Zach and his sneaky ways. I was probably over exaggerating, I thought to myself.

An idea sprung into my mind causing me to burst out of my room as fast as I could. Down the hall and out the apartment with nothing but a worn out shirt and pants, slippers and messy hair from running my sweaty hands through it as a habit. I raced down the side of the street as others watched my craziness possess my body. My feet flew in front of one another, and my hawk naturally curled from the wind beating at it. My breathing was heavy as I reached the shop, I should have drove. I pant as I step into the friendly shop with shopping music playing in the background and others staring at me weirdly. I shrugged my shoulders and trotted over to the flower section and looked around for the perfect boutique they had. My tired and swollen eyes scanned over the colorful flowers until I spotted a boutique that had a mixture of daises and roses all wrapped up together. I smiled to my self as I brought the flowers up to the check out line and waited for my turn. Unfortunately today was quite a busy day for shoppers so I stood there for about ten minutes.

By the time I got up to the lady I was tired and just wanted to go back to the apartment. She furrowed her eyebrows as she scanned the tag. "That will be 9.99$" I nodded my head and dug into my pocket in search for my wallet. But what I realized was that my pants didn't have pockets.