C H A P T E R 20 Tyler

Anger and frustration boiled and bubbled in my blood. How could she? Wasn't it obvious how much I loved her? After that fight with Jen I've been having second thoughts about my relationship status or even who I currently am in love with. I knew inside the only reason I was dating Jen was because I was desperate and inpatient at the time. Jen never pleased me, she never really loved me, she never treated me like she even liked me. I don't feel like myself. I know Jen is a bad influence on me but it's now only to get Sara jealous. Maybe Sara can cure me.

I walk over to Sara who is now practically clinging onto this blonde dude and instantly i fill with rage. Does she have a thing with this dude? Has she never told us about it? Why are they hugging? So many questions I wanted to ask but held my control. She must have noticed me by the look of her face that look like she was blushing with almost embarrassment. I tried my best to play it cool. As I got closer they let go and stood back until this dude saw me. He gave me a smile, but I didn't care. "Oh hello, how may I help you?" He greeted as Sara took a step away but didn't leave. I cleared my throut before talking, "Oh I just need to speak with Sara here real quick." I didn't really know what I was doing but I couldn't stop now. Sara turned her head to the floor as this dude that was named Mikey, from his name tag looked at Sara then at me. "Okay sir." Mikey said while walking into another room behind the counter. Sara looked up at me as I stepped forward. I took a quick breath before allowing any words to flow from my mouth. "I, need to talk to you." I almost whispered to her. She nodded her head as we walked out of the record shop, it was raining but we didn't really care. We both seemed a bit nervous. "I, well I just wanted to-" before I could go on she cut me off with her angelic words. "Its just coffee, me and him are not a thing." She breathed out as if she was holding it in and just needed to spill it out. A wave a relief washes over me, but was it really coffee? I now feel a bit embarrassed that I came storming in to her at work. "Actually I was just wondering if you knew where Ollie was." I lied. Her cheeks instantly flushed red from her own embarrassment as she turned her face back towards the ground. "Oh sorry." She apologized, what was she apologizing for? "For what." She waited. "Nothing, it's really nothing, hey I've got to get back to work so excuse me." She spoke with a soft and sadden tone. I nodded knowing I would need to confront her soon about this so called 'nothing'.

"Oh ya okay." I said with a softer tone than before. "See you later." She says while walking into the building, leaving me out in the pouring rain. Why am I such a jerk? Why am I so stupid? I knew the answers to these questions but still questioned myself with them. I started slogging back to the apartment. I forgot why I was originally there until I saw Sara. Why am I even 'sad'? It's not like they are dating. Plus she is not even mine so why am I being so protective about her? I continue to ponder about my thoughts until I realize I'm almost to the apartment. I instantly feel my feet dash to the front door and run inside to greet Ollie on the couch. I closed the door behind me slowly as I studied his face. He was rubbing his temples and looked really stiff, he didn't even make eye contact with me. I threw my hoodie off and walk past the strange Oliver to my room. Before I walk into my room I feel something weird. My body turns it's self around to Sara's door.

I feel no control over my body and walk over to the room that smelled like her, pomegranate. I couldn't even smell her in my room anymore because of my cologne, which made me want to throw a hissy fit. I enter the small but perfect for her sized room and let my eyes get comfortable looking at her stuff. I didn't want to invade in her privacy but what I saw, I saw and it could not be unseen. I scanned over all of her band posters and CDs that she had collected and let a soft smile creep onto my chapped lips. Most of the albums she had collected or her posters were either some of my favorite bands or my band, I shouldn't say my. When I made it over to her desk I saw two small boxes, two notebooks, some CDs and pencils that looked chewed on near the eraser. Before I could snoop around any longer I heard Ollie's grunt or his attempt to 'clear his throat' and flinched when turning towards the door way to see him coming in and closing the door behind him. He instantly sat down on Sara's comfy bed and signaled for me to sit next to him.

I nodded to his actions and sat right beside him, trying to make eye contact. Then he spoke with his shaky but stable words. "Tyler, I, I need to tell you something." He continued to look at the floor beneath us. I stayed silent, waiting for him to go on. "Tyler, you can't tell Sara this." Ollie never made people make promises because he didn't believe in them. I nodded my head slowly unsure of what he would be saying next. He let a almost regretful smile reach his lips. "I think I love Sara."

My heart instantly dropped.

Competition.