New Addition to the Family

Start from the beginning

The waitress set a cup of steaming coffee ahead of Mickey. "One for him too," Mickey mumbled.

Jamie glared at the waitress until she was gone. "Nothing is OK, Mick. Nothing. It's all over. We got nothing. He's gonna kill us..."

"Jamie, what the hell are you talking about?" Mickey asked, heart beat rising. "He can't touch us."

"He ain't gonna have a fag for a son," Jamie spat at Mickey. "Do you know who has to fucking suffer for your sexual changes, Mickey? Me, fucking me! I don't even have anything to do with whoever you fuck, but because of you- fucking you!"

The turmoil feeling rose in Mickey's stomach again. "W- what?"

Jamie laughed sarcastically. "Now he plays dumb!" He lowered his voice to a whisper. "Do you know what Terry did to me when he found out you were a fag? To me? He blamed me, said I didn't raise you right. Said it should've been me in prison, because Colin would've beat the faggot out of you if he didn't spend so much time around gays in jail."

"What did he do?" Mickey blurted.

Jamie's mouth trapped shut. "Fuck this, what was the use of coming here anyway?" He stood up to leave, but Mickey grabbed his arm, stopping him.

"Whatever the hell Terry's planning, we gotta stop him," Mickey tried finding Jamie's eyes through the sunglasses. "There are so many lives in danger because of him and this shit has gone on way too long for us to ignore it again. There's also fucking Maria, so we all need to step our fuckin' games up and face this thing for once."

"I don't even know what the hell is going on," Jamie half-shouted, throwing his arms in the air. "I literally don't even know how any of this even started!"

"I'll explain everything," Mickey glanced nervously around the room. He lifted his shirt to show his brother the scar dragged across his abdomen. Jamie's jaw dropped a little.

"He's gonna fuck us all up, man."

"Colin thinks this was... Maria."

Jamie paused. "I wouldn't be surprised like, if it was. But don't you think that's reaching a little bit?"

Mickey shrugged. "I don't know. Some cop came up to me the other day though, Officer Larkin. Gave me his card and said he had security tapes of the guy who stabbed me. I might go and check it out."

"You sure that's a good idea?" Jamie asked, shoving his hands in his pockets. "I mean- wont that just cause more problems for you already?"

"Yeah. But honestly, with all the shit I've handled and am handling, finding this prick would get a lot off my shoulders."

"Mickey," Jamie said softly as the two brothers sat back down at their booth. "You know, there's always the option to just fucking dip, and leave. We ain't being forced to stay here. Move to NY, get a job or some shit, fuck Chicago. What we gotta lose anyway?"

Ian. "James..."

"Why we risking our lives anyway? Let's just go. We don't need anybody here. Skip town, go to the next. You know somethin' Mick... I got a girl in NY. She'll let us stay in here apartment until we find our own. It's a little tight but we've been through worse-"

"Wait, wait," Mickey laughed, interrupting Jamie. "You would rather we just fucking leave our problems behind us like pussies than just get this shit over with?"

"You gonna live with a good conscious knowing you killed Terry?"

"Hell yeah, fuck him. I'll live problem free knowing he's dead. Why you actin' like I never killed nobody before?"