'I always say a kind personality will get you farther in life than looks. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. -Car xx'

I sent back that reply and rolled my eyes.

Looking back I saw people tweeting about what I had said to that girl.

'Omg, Carter responded to a girl saying Ashton was only with her for her looks!'

Underneath was a picture of my reply.

'Carter slammed that girl!'

Ashton was looking at his phone and saw what I had said, looking up at me before going back to type something. When he was done he nodded at me to go look.

'I'm not just with my fiancé because she's beautiful. I'm with her because she's smart (1st in her class), compassionate, funny, sweet, and the most incredible person I've ever met. I love her and that's all that matters.'

"Thank you." I looked up at him and smiled.

"I'm proud of you for standing up for yourself." He winked back back at me and I blushed, setting my phone down and going to love on Gracie, kissing her cheeks and making her giggle.

"Car, when am I ungrounded?" Ender asked next to me and I lifted my head.

"Uh well, on Tuesday you'll be ungrounded."

"Okay." He nodded.

"And your sister and I decided that once you are ungrounded, we want to have a day before we leave where you get to plan what we do." Ashton told him and Ender became excited.

"Really?" He asked with wide eyes.

"Yup. We can go skating, bowling, swimming, whatever you want."

"Thanks!" Ender grinned and I smiled at him.

"But it's not a reward, remember that." I said and he nodded.

Gracie had been so busy playing with my hair and hands that when she looked to her left she gasped.

"Mommy look at the makeup!" She exclaimed before reaching her hand over that I had to move away.

"I see it." I continued to bat her hands away.

"I wanna play with it." She tried to reach around me and I held her back.

"No." I told her sternly and she sat back, crossing her arms and pouting.

"Daddy I wanna play makeup." She whined.

"If Mommy said no then that means no Gracie. You need to listen to her." Ashton looked over at her.

"But-"

"Gracie. Did we not just have a talk a few days ago about how you can't always get what you want?" He raised his eyebrows at her and she nodded solemnly. "Then stop whining."

"That was the most dad thing I've ever heard you say." Calum snorted from where he was getting his hair done and we both sent him a smile while I held a pouting Gracie in my arms.