Chapter V

Chapter V

"We accept the love we think we deserve."

-Stephen Chbosky

The walk with Caleb and Jacob wasn't as bad as Andrea thought it would be. They ignored each other. Jacob kept a hand on Andrea's arm while Caleb had his hands shoved into his pockets. Andrea felt like Jacob was bothering him, but she said nothing. Her mind kept going back to Mitchel's face.

To say he looked hurt was an understatement. Andrea knew Jacob and Mitchel weren't on the best terms, so for her to walk away with him must have hurt Mitchel. She didn't know why it irked her so much, but it did.

Once they reached the door, Andrea opened it. Caleb hurried inside, while Jacob smiled at her. "May I come in?"

Andrea blushed. "Maybe some other time, alright?"

"Of course, whatever you say, Andrea."

He gently grabbed her hand and lifted it to his mouth as he kissed her knuckles one by one. She felt her face heat up. He noticed and chuckled before leaning forward and planting a kiss on her burning cheek. He pulled back. "I hope we could hang out some other time, yes?"

Andrea nodded, not completely aware of her actions. Jacob smiled. "I'll see you later, Doll."

"D-doll?"

"A pet name for you. Like it?"

"S-sure."

Jacob winked before turning on his heels and walking away. She stood there for a bit before shaking her head and shutting the door. She walked upstairs to her room and pulled out her math homework. She sighed before she began working on it. All the sudden, her laptop screen lit up. She glanced at it and saw the familiar phone icon with Giselle's grinning face above it. Andrea got up and brought it over to the bed, answering it.

Giselle's face popped up on the screen as Andrea began working out the problem she was working on. "Andrea! How was your day?"

"After lunch it was great."

"How many hot guys are there?"

Andrea scoffed. "Come on, no one compares to him."

"Andrea, I know when you are lying. You met another one, huh? What's his name? What does he look like?"

"Well-"

Suddenly, Andrea's phone went off. She picked it up to see a text message.

Jacob <3:

Sup Doll?

Andrea frowned. She never gave anyone her number. She pressed on his contact page to see a selfie of him under the tree smiling at the camera. You couldn't see Andrea, but she must have been asleep when he took it. She pressed on the picture and held it up to the computer for Giselle to see.

"Oh my Lordy. He is smokin'!"

"Giselle..."

"You go girl! Go get him!"

Andrea quickly opened the text conversation and asked him why he put his number into her phone.

Jacob <3:

Can't a guy get the number of a hot new girl that he may be slightly interested in?

Andrea gasped. Was he kidding? She showed what he said to Giselle who only squealed in return. "Yes!" She screamed. "You go on a date! Forget about you know who."