All is Calm, All is Safe

This is the last chapter of this story. I will hopefully be doing new stories soon. Thank you so much for reading! Please read my other ones, it would mean a lot! *Do not own the characters only the story line* thank you so much!!! 

*******************************************************************************************

Cas’ POV

Cas didn’t know he could ever feel at home with someone before. He didn’t know he could ever be a part or important to someone. With Dean he felt all of this and more. With Dean he didn’t have to worry about not being good enough, to Dean he was perfect. He wasn’t sure how. Then again he assumed he would know since Dean was perfect and other perfect people could make point out other perfect people.

After each of his classes Dean would be standing there waiting for him. With that full grin that made Cas’ heart skip a beat every time. He was so happy to know this boy. So happy to have him in his life.

He would greet Cas every time with that smile, a kiss hello and a whisper of “Hey there”. So soft he was sure he was the only one who heard it. Cas would avoid the eyes of anyone who looked at them. Most had eyes full of confusion, others judgement and then there were the fair few glares of what Cas thought was jealousy.

They would walk down the hallway with Dean’s arm draped over Castiel’s shoulders. He would lean close to Dean, not wanting to separate when they arrived at his class. Lunch was his favourite time of the day. It was the one class they had together besides the morning.

Dean met him at his class and then led him outside. They found a shaded spot on the field, sitting under one of the trees. Cas leaned against the trunk, happy to be with Dean but wishing he’d thought to bring a lunch.

“Guess what I got from the cafeteria!” Dean cooed pulling out a tray of food from behind the tree. “I got out of class early and brought it out here before coming to get you.” He blushed a little and Cas grinned reaching over and giving him a kiss.

“I love it.”

Dean shrugged and passed him a bottle of Pepsi max. Cas raised an eyebrow at him but unscrewed the cap and took a sip. Dean laughed and said “Sam is always going on about how great they are. Thought I might as well give them a chance.”

Cas smiled “Well they aren’t too bad.  You’re brother has good taste.”

“He has his moments.”

Cas giggled and took another sip. He picked up a chicken Caesar wrap and bit into it hungrily. He noticed Dean watching him and hate a slower. Dean just grinned and then bit into his own wrap “Hungry eh?”

“A little.” Cas admitted leaning back against the trunk and looking at Dean. Observing him with eyes that were full of love and adoration. Dean was looking over at the few people by the parking lot. They were watching them and talking. Cas could only imagine what they were saying. He didn’t really want to know though.

Dean noticed him eyeing them wearily and rolled his eye “Ignore them Cas. They’re just trying to stir things up at the school. We need to ignore it and live our lives. Okay? Nothing will break us up, I won’t let it.”

“You say that now.” Cas said unsurely “But what happens when people keep talking, what if you get kicked off the football team because of this?”

Dean broke down into laughter “You’ve been watching too many movies Cas.”

Cas glared at him defensively. He continued to eat his wrap silently until Dean sighed and said “I’m sorry Cas, come on though. I won’t get kicked off the team. They have no grounds to do so.”