Don't Get Bitten

Hey guys! Sorry updates will be less frequent thanks to something called school. Lovely I know. Thank you for you patience!! 

*************************************************************************************************

Dean’s POV

He listened to Castiel’s story, his arm squeezing tighter the longer he listened. When Cas began the story of when he first started cutting Dean flinched. He wrapped his other arm around the boy’s shoulders and dug his face into the curve of his neck and shoulder blade.

Cas’ voice cracked as he continued and soon he couldn’t speak anymore. The story seemed to be over anyway. Cas broke down and leaned heavily onto Dean, letting sobs rack his whole body.

Dean let out a soft gust of breath and pulled Cas closer “Shh, it’s okay Cas. You’re safe now; you don’t need to hurt anymore.”  Dean felt his eyes tearing up as well. He couldn’t help it. He’d never had someone so close to him, hurt so much. Sure his brother got weepy sometimes and Dean comforted him but it was never to the same extent. Never because of such extreme reasons either.

To be honest he wasn’t sure how to deal with this. He was worried about Cas but didn’t know what to say. How do you make something like this better? What do you say to make it alright? All he could do was sit here, pretending he was helping.

“How do you know Dean?” Cas asked, his voice muffled by Dean’s shirt.

Dean looked down at the boy, a small smile on his face “Because I won’t let you. I’m going to protect you now Cas, you don’t have to be afraid anymore.”

Cas turned his face upward, his blue eyes so full of tears Dean thought he was looking into the sea. Cas tried for a smile, watery as it was it made Dean’s heart melt. “You’re my big hero in shining armour aren’t you Dean?”

He laughed and shrugged “I can very well try.”

“Well I feel safer already.”

“Good.” Dean whispered, he leant down and kissed Cas softly.

The hotel room door opened and Dean heard a giant groan come from it, “Could you guys put a sock or something on the door when you want to make out?” Sam’s voice carried toward them “That way I won’t have to walk in on this.” He placed something heavy on the table “Come on Dean, this is no different from when you had your girlfriends!”

Dean pulled away from Cas, a mischievous smile now dancing on his lips. Still staring at his boyfriend he said “Sorry Sammy, I guess it just slipped our minds.” He winked at Cas and then turned toward his brother. “What’s in the bag?”

“Supplies. Dad got me to pick some up while you two were... Whatever the hell you two were doing.” Sam replied with a small eye roll.

Much to Dean’s dismay, Cas moved away from Dean and stood up, “What kind of supplies?”

Sam opened the bag and offered it to Cas. The boy took it and a sharp intake of breath escaped him as he looked in. “Knives?!?!” He whispered casting a nervous glance around. “What are you doing with these?”

“The only way to kill a vampire is to cut off their heads.” Dean replied with a shrug, “Don’t worry you won’t have to worry about that. We’ll take care of it.”

Cas rolled his eye and placed the bag back on the table. “What, don’t you think I can handle a knife?”

Dean stared at him and then said seriously “I know you can, but you shouldn’t have to anymore.”