Unknown Feelings

Here is the next chapter. I hope you enjoy. 

**************************************************************************************************

Dean’s POV

Dean stood with his friends and watched Cas walk away; he seemed to sulk a little bit. He didn’t say anything to his friends though. They were already talking about the party that was being held at James’s house that weekend. Dean grinned and nodded, he was game for it.

“Winchester!” Michael said slapping him on the back. He was an inch shorter than Dean and had mussed blonde hair. His face was usually constructed into a sneer and his eyes were dark with a mean glint to them. “I saw you over there with that weird kid.”

He raised an eyebrow “What weird kid?”

Michael gestured over to the lockers, “The one who pays me and Fernandez every day!”

Fernandez was another one on the football team. His actual name was John, but if you tried calling him that he would happily pull your arm out of its socket and stab you with the pocket knife he always had on him. The guy was terrifying and the one person Dean couldn’t stand on the team.

The information that Michael had just laid on him though finally sunk in. They were talking about Cas; they picked on the poor guy... How had he not heard about this before? Standing up a little straighter he looked Michael in the eye and said “You leave him alone Mike. The guy is my tutor for History and I need him. If I don’t bring my grade up in that class I’m off the team.” He paused and stuck his finger on the other boy’s chest and got closer to his face “You don’t want that now do you?”

Michael drew himself up to his full size (which was still frankly unimpressive to Dean’s height) and glared at Dean. He was obviously pissed off and Dean was ready to fight him if necessary. “Fine Winchester, we’ll lay off your play toy. We’ll just get our money from some other loser.” He turned to walk away and called over his shoulder “Someone like...Your brother?”

That was the last straw for Dean.

He ran at Michael and knocked him to the ground, full on football tackled him. He heard Michael grunt as he went down. They hit the hard school floor, Dean on top of Michael. The other boy groaned in pain and Dean couldn’t help a small gasp of air escape his lips. He had been comforted a little bit by Mike but to be fair the boy wasn’t the most comfortable person.

Dean turned the boy over and began wailing on him. Punching him in the face until his nose bled. He got closer to his face and hissed in his ear “You will not harm my brother, or Cas. Leave them alone you little bitch. Stop putting other people down to make yourself feel higher.”

He stood up and walked away.

People whispered and muttered around him but he ignored them. He focused on the hallway in front of him. He had to get to class and pay attention so he could keep his spot on the team. He ignored the snickers and the threats that Mike shouted down the hall at him. There was no way the guy would be able to take him at practice today. He was just trying to act tough; truly the guy was a low life wimp.

Grabbing his books from his locker, he pushed past the crowds and crashed into his desk seat. Cas looked up as he sat down. He obviously hadn’t heard about the fight outside because he just gave Dean a small smile and turned back to his notebook.

Dean stared at him for a few minutes then shrugged and crossed his arms on his desk. He placed his head on them and closed his eyes, waiting for school to start.