No More Goodbyes

I decided to finish this one since I have no homework this weekend. I don't know how fast updates will be in the weeks to come. Bear with me!! Hope you enjoy this next chapter!! Please Vote and Comment your thoughts!! 

*************************************************************************************************

Castiel’s POV

Cas was starting to find it hard to breathe. He kept coming in and out of consciousness and sometimes forgot where he was. The bumping and purr of the Impala was his only hold on life; the only thing stopping him from falling asleep.

Lights flashed across his face from the street lamps on the sidewalk. They blasted against his eyelids making him flinch and open his eyes again. It would appear the world didn’t want him to go. It wasn’t ready for him to check out yet. Truthfully, neither was Cas.

He wanted to stay, to be with Dean and Sam. To be a part of their lives and to have them in his; he wasn’t ready to die. He couldn’t die.

These thoughts kept him fighting, kept him going. When the engine turned off he tried to move but cried out and lay still. Dean appeared above him, his face contorted in pain and worry. Sam was muttering behind him “I didn’t see this, this wasn’t supposed to happen.”

“You won’t see everything Sam. Forget about it, just help me.” Dean retorted, gently lifting Cas out of the car and holding him tenderly. “It’ll be okay Cas, I promise. You’re going to be okay.” He carried him, jolting him a little with every step. Cas sucking in a breath and said nothing, he knew Dean was not trying to hurt him.

They entered the ER and Dean called for someone to help them. His voice was faint now, Cas saw blurry figures running toward them and felt something soft underneath him. People were shouting around him and he saw Dean blurrily running beside him and Sam was close behind.

And then everything went dark.

____________________________________________________________________________________

When he came around he was lying on a soft bed. There were buzzing noises all around him and he felt a discomfort in his nose. Opening his eyes he saw Dean sitting in the chair beside his bed, his hand was clutched his. He was slumped down, fast asleep on Cas’ legs.

A grin crept up on his face. He reached down and patted Dean’s head, stroking his soft hair a little. Dean woke up with a grunt. Lifting his head and looking at Cas.

“You’re okay.” He stated, his voice was warm and those green eyes were bright and full of relief.

With a small eye roll Cas replied “Of course, you didn’t think I would leave did you? I have too much to do.” He looked out the window and saw the sun was starting to rise “How long have I been out?”

“Just a couple hours. I drove Sam back to the nest so he could help Mom and Dad. The boy insisted no matter how many times I told him no.” Dean sighed and sat up straighter “Then I came straight back here to make sure you were okay.”

Cas grinned, “Thanks Dean.” He shifted and groaned a little. He lifted a hand to his neck and winced, it was still tender but it wasn’t bleeding and a massive whole anymore. Dropping his hand he looked back at Dean “Are your parents okay?”

“That’s a complicated question.” Dean said looking away; worry was clear on his face. “Sam called an hour ago… He said he’d call when they were on their way to the hospital. I haven’t heard anything from any of them.”

“I’m… I’m sure they’re fine.” Cas reassured, though his tone was hesitant; because he wasn’t sure, he didn’t know. He couldn’t say that to Dean though. He had to be positive, try and ease the poor boy’s worries.