Confronting the Parents

Sam’s POV

Sam moved a little slower as they approached the door. Suddenly he wasn’t so sure about barging into his parents’ room. They wouldn’t be impressed, he already knew that. Still he had to do this. No matter how much he didn’t want to. His life seemed to be full of musts these days.

He needed a vacation.

That could wait of course. The three of them stood in front of the door and hesitated. They could hear them talk in soft voices on the other side. Their voices inaudible. Sam strained to hear what they were saying but the door was too thick. He looked over at Dean and asked softly “Do we knock?”

“You brought us here, you tell me.” Dean replied, crossing his arms over his chest. He motioned for Sam to knock “You may do the honours bro.”

Sam rolled his eyes and brought his hand up hesitantly. Taking a deep breath he rapped on the door. His stomach was in knots as he saw the knob turn and the face of his father peeked out. John’s eyes went wide as he saw the trio standing there; then his mouth turned into a frown and he opened the door wider to let them in.

“Look who came ‘round for a visit Mary.” He said pushing the boys in.

Mary looked up and rolled her eyes “What are you doing here? And who is this?” She gestured to Cas and put her hands on her hips.

“I’m Castiel. It’s nice to meet you Mrs. Winchester.” Castiel replied holding out his hand with a polite smile.”

Sam watched his mom’s face melt from its icy expression into a soft loving smile “It’s very nice to meet you too Castiel.”

The boy blushed a little and Dean stepped forward, wrapping his arm around Cas’ shoulders.

“What are you doing here boys?” His dad asked standing next to their mom and pulling her close to his sad. His face was stormy and Sam didn’t know where to look. It would be up to him to explain, he knew that. Dean looked at him, confirming what he already knew.

Time for him to speak. “I... I had a dream that you guys were going to be killed. I know how that sounds but you have to trust me. You need our help.”

“No, absolutely not.” Mom said. She pushed away from John and walked toward Sam, “I promised myself I would raise my children in the way I’d been. You two will have a life away from all this. Now please, go home!”

Sam shook his head “If we leave you die. I know that!”

You’ll die if you don’t leave!”

“You don’t know that!”

His mom stared at him, her face constructed into anger “I know that you aren’t prepared for this. None of you are, especially your friend. Sam this was so stupid of you!” She looked away angrily and his dad put his hand on her shoulder. He stared at the boys accusingly, “I think you should go home.”

“We can’t.” Dean said stepping in, “I believe Sam. He knew exactly where you were. He knows what’s going to happen. We need to be here.”

“Dean, you will get in the car. You will take Castiel and Sam with you. You will protect them and get them home safe. You are not to interfere with one of our hunts ever again. Do I make myself clear?”

Dean glared “Very clear, but I am telling you now. We aren’t going anywhere.”

John stepped forward and stood in front of Dean. He towered over him. “You listen to me, we don’t your help. All three of you are inexperienced and don’t know what we’re up against.” He put a finger on Dean’s chest “Now you get in the car and you go. Now.”