Accepting of the Truth

I only own the new character introduced. He is an OC. The rest is not mine. Just the story line. Enjoy!!! 

********************************************************************************************

Dean’s POV

Dean woke up to artificial light. There was one window in the room but the blinds were pulled on it. The light above him illuminated the room in a dim yellow. Sam was sitting at the table with a box of doughnuts and coffee. He looked exhausted, but was smiling nonetheless.

“When did you go out?” Dean asked getting out of bed and stretching.

Sam shrugged “About a half hour ago. They have cafeteria here, conveniently. Not too badly priced either. Thought you might want some breakfast when you got up.”

He laughed “Well you guessed right. What kind did you get?” He walked over and opened the box. Inside were a multitude of different kinds. He saw jelly ones, fritters, chocolate, glazed, cream filled ones and icing ones. Taking out a glazed chocolate one, he selected a coffee and sat on the couch.

“So, what woke you up last night?” Dean asked, taking a bite of his breakfast. Sam stared at him, shock written all over his face. Dean rolled his eyes and said “You think I didn’t notice the way you sat up last night? Freaking out? Or how you were shaking last night when you came over for your shift?” He stopped and let that sink in before continuing “I could tell you didn’t want to talk about it, so I let it slide. But you need to tell me now.”

“Why?”

Dean looked up at the ceiling in annoyance “You had one of those dreams again right?” Sam nodded “Then yeah, I need to know what happened. Those are our only view into the future. What we’re getting ourselves into!”

Sam heaved a sigh of exasperation. He grabbed himself a cup of coffee and a jelly doughnut. He sat himself down next to Dean. “Okay, fine. But I don’t know all the details. Some of it was fuzzy.”

“Tell me.”

His brother sighed again and then launched into the story about his dream. Dean listened intently, nodding and trying to make sense of what Sam was saying. When he came to the person they knew, lying on the ground he stopped him. “And you don’t know who it was?”

Sam shook his head “I don’t have a clue.”

“Do you think you could draw the tattoo?”

Sam shrugged “Maybe? To be honest, I kind of recognized it. I couldn’t tell you from what though.” He sighed again “It was these weird swirls around a circle. Almost like a cult symbol?”

“That doesn’t sound good. What was happening to him? He wasn’t dead was he?”

“Not at first. I think he was turning. Mom and Dad made you kill him... Sort of. They wouldn’t do it. Occupied with...Well I’m not really sure. Anyway you had to cut off his head. The house was burning to the ground with all the vamps dead inside.” Sam looked down sadly “There was no way to save him. The one who turned him was already dead.”

Dean put an arm around his brother and heard a groan from the other bed. Castiel was at last awake. With a grin he looked at Sam and said “Well, there was no one else in Mom and Dad’s room last night. If we’re lucky there won’t ever will be.”

“I hope you’re right.”

“I hope so too. I really don’t want to behead someone I know. Puts a strain on the relationship, don’t you think?” Dean replied, still grinning.

Sam rolled his eyes and pushed him away, “Go wake up your boyfriend. We have a lot to do today.”

“Hey, he’s not my boyfriend.” Dean retorted, but the word made his chest feel warm and his head spin happily. Yeah, okay maybe Cas was his boyfriend... Wow. He’d never had a serious relationship before; this could be a good thing. A really good thing.

“You are such a bad liar.” Sam murmured and went into the bathroom.

Dean watched him go, a goofy grin still on his face and then went over to where Cas lay sleeping. He gently prodded his side and shook him awake. “Wake up Cas!”

The boy groaned and pushed his head further under the covers. Dean sighed and pulled the blankets back, crawling in beside him. He reached over and whispered into his ear “Cas! Come on, get up! We have a lot to do and Sam is going to kill me if you don’t get up.”

Castiel groaned even louder and turned so that he was facing Dean. His eyes blinked open and he jumped a little “When’d you get here?”

“Just now.” Dean replied and got back out “Come on, up you get.”

He let out a puff of air and sat up groggily “What time is it?”

Dean glanced at the clock on the night table between the beds. The red numbers told him 6:30am. “Way too early to be up. Sorry.” He shrugged and said “It’s just like a normal school day.”

Cas sighed “Wonderful.” He got out of bed and inhaled “Is that coffee I smell?” He moved over to the table and took the last cup out of the tray. He took a long gulp and exhaled with satisfaction after. Cas looked over at the box, lifting the lid. The happiest expression Dean had ever seen appeared on the boy’s face.

“You act like you’ve never seen doughnuts before.” Dean commented coming over and standing beside Castiel.

His friend glanced up at him and then back down at the box “We don’t have them very often at home. Dad can’t really afford them and... Well....They’re a luxury I don’t grant myself either.”

Dean pushed the lid back fully “Then you must have one now, or most of them at that. I will not be the one denying you these.” He pushed the box closer to Cas “Not now, not ever.”

Cas stared at him and then broke into a fit of giggles “You’re a dork.”

“Only with you.”

“Well now I feel even more honoured.” Cas replied taking a deep breath and trying to calm himself down. He took out a Boston Cream and took a small bite out of it. “Mmm” He sighed and sat down in the chair, taking a sip of his coffee.

With a grin back on his face, Dean perched himself on the table and cut a fritter in half. Taking a bite he discovered it to be apple. If it wasn’t pie, it was doughnuts. Pie, of course, was always preferred though. Sam knew that, Hell, his whole family knew that. He’d never had cake for his birthday; it was always a different flavour of pie. Always homemade. His mom made the best kinds. At least that was his opinion.

“So what is so urgent that I had to get up?” Castiel asked brushing his hands together and finishing his doughnut.

Dean shrugged “I don’t know you’ll have to ask my brother about that one.”

“Where is he?”

Dean listened and heard the shower in the other room. “Shower, he’ll be done soon.”

Cas nodded and took another bite of his breakfast. His shyness had almost completely disappeared since they had become friends, closer than friends in fact. Cas was a lot more comfortable around Dean he found. Maybe it was just him, but he hoped Cas really was more open. He wanted to know everything about the boy. More than what he’d told him already.

“What? What’s wrong Dean?”Cas asked raising his eyebrow.

Dean shook his head and grinned “Nothing. I... I was just thinking.” He looked toward the bathroom door as it opened and a damp Sam came out. His hair was ruffled and had a few drops clinging to it. He wore the same outfit as last night. They all were, truth be told.

None were thinking about clean clothes at the moment. They were all worried about what was going to happen in the day to come.

“Are mom and dad up yet?” Sam asked, ruffling his hair and smoothing it away from his eyes.

Dean shook his head “Not that I’ve heard, although I am sure it’s safe to say that they are up.” He rolled his eyes at Cas, “They always were early risers. Never understood it myself, but what’re you going to do right?”

Cas let out a small laugh and nodded “Yeah I know.”

“You have the same problem with your dad?” Dean asked standing up and placing a hand on his shoulder before moving closer to the door and peering out into the hall.

He heard Cas sigh “Sort of. He likes to wake up early but is nice enough not to bug me when he does. I guess we’re just used to minding each other’s space and being alone.”

Dean winced at the words. They sounded so sad; Cas had so much to deal with at home. To be honest it sounded worse than Dean’s baggage. At least he saw his parents and they did try to spend time with their sons! From the sounds of it, Cas and his father didn’t get along all that well. It sounded like they preferred to be away from each other. At least Cas did.

It made him sad to think this sweet boy wasn’t always happy. That his perfect smile wasn’t always plastered on his lips and that his blue eyes weren’t always twinkling in great delight. It was not right, Cas should always feel happy. No exceptions.

A noise from the other side of the door brought him back. He turned and stared out the peephole, he saw his parents at their door. It was open and standing in front of it was a tall bulky man. He had dark hair and wore a sleeveless top. On his shoulder he blinked as he saw a tattoo. It was a circle with a weird pattern of swirls... Just like the one Sam had described.

Looked like his brother’s dreams were trustworthy after all.

“Sam, you might want to come and see this.” Dean said a slight edge in his voice.

Sam looked up and rushed to his side. Dean moved out of his way and Sam peeked out into the hall. A sharp gasped escaped him as he saw the man “That’s him. That’s the man I saw last night. Dean... He’s going to die.”

“Not if we can help it Sammy. I promise.” Dean replied putting comforting arm around his brother’s shoulder. “Now, how do we get over there and convince our parent’s to let us help them? Last night didn’t work out too well. We need a good and convincing plan.”

Sam’s face constricted into one of deep thought “I could... I don’t know tell them I saw that man. Tell them what I know?”

“We tried that. And besides, it probably isn’t a good thing to tell someone too much about their own future.” Dean pointed out.