On the Road

Here is the next chapter! You know what to do at the end! <3 thanks for reading! 

******************************************************************************************

Dean’s POV

Dean heard Sam jerk awake in the back seat and glanced at the review mirror to get a better look at him. “You okay back there Sammy?”

Sam looked at him, his face was deathly pale. He looked as if he’d just seen a ghost, which in their case was a lot more serious! He shook his head and said “Yeah, no I’m fine. Just another weird dream. Don’t worry about it Dean. Just keep driving.”

He gave a slow nod, not sure how to respond to that. The dreams were kind of freaking Dean out.  He didn’t know if he should be considered about Sammy or if he should just trust him and go along with what he was saying.

The latter was somehow much easier to cope with. He wanted to believe him; he wanted a reason to help his parents on their hunts. Sam had given him this chance; he was going to take it.

He turned his gaze back to the rear view mirror and saw Sam drifting off to sleep again. Smiling he saw a sign for a cheap motel coming up. Sleep was starting to take its toll on him and he knew he wouldn’t be able to go drive for very much longer. He needed sleep. Castiel beside him probably could use some as well.

Pulling into it, he saw Cas jerk awake a little and grin “I like the looks of this.”

“Yeah well don’t get too excited. It’s just for sleeping.”  Dean muttered shutting off the engine and counting the amount of money they had. Enough for one night... That should be good. But only one room. Great.

Castiel looked at Dean with an innocent look “I was only thinking of sleeping Dean! What were you thinking of?”

Dean grinned and gave Cas a wink. He got out of the car and opened the backdoor to find his brother fast asleep. He didn’t want to disturb him; he looked at peace for the first time in weeks. “Cas? Can you stay here with Sam? I’m going to go pay for a room and then I’ll come back and get you two.”

Cas nodded, understanding what he was aiming at. Let Sam sleep.

He thanked him and hurried into the main office. It was a nice enough place he supposed. Dark red carpet, wood paneled walls and a wooden desk. The wall paper was bright, a warm and welcoming blue. It didn’t really go with the carpet but then, motels were unique that way. Plants stood in the corners of on either side of the door. The clerk behind the desk looked exhausted, he was slumping on the stool he sat on and had his chin on his hand. He looked to be not much older than Dean.

“Hey, I would like a room for the night.” Dean stated walking up to the front counter and putting down his money.

The clerk looked up and nodded “How many?”

“Three of us, we just need one room though. Two beds and if possible, a couch.”

He nodded and said “Sorry, all we have is a two bed one. Is that okay?”|

Dean shrugged “I think we’ll survive.”

He nodded again and booked it for him. He took the amount he needed and gave Dean back a bit of change. Not much, but every little bit helped with gas or food. He thanked the clerk and walked back out to the car. Cas stood there, watching over Sam dutifully and glancing around. He looked to be daring someone to come and try something.

It made Dean’s heart swell to see him as protective as he was about Sam.

“Got a room, only a two bed one. Two of us are going to have to bunk. I can share with Sam... I guess.” Dean said with a grim smile. Sharing with his brother wasn’t anything new, but it wasn’t really welcomed either. Sure Sam used to curl up with him if he had a bad dream and didn’t want to disturb their parents or if they were away.