Tutoring Sessions

Sam POV

School ended around 3 and Sam hurried out of his last class and rushed over to where he knew Dean’s last class was supposed to be.

To his surprise he saw Dean walking out of it about the same time he got there.

“Hey there Sammy.” Dean said walking out and ruffling his hair.

Sam smoothed it down and gave his brother an annoyed look. Dean just chuckled and wrapped an arm around Sam’s shoulders, leading him outside.

There was an awkward boy standing by the staircase and Dean called the boy over.

His dark hair was falling in front of his eyes and Sam could see that his eyes were a bright blue that seemed to look into his soul.

“Who’s this?” Sam asked as the boy reached them and they walked to the impala.

Dean put a hand on the boy’s shoulder, “This is my new tutor, Castiel.” He turned to Castiel “This is my brother, Sam.”

The boy, Castiel, reached out his hand “Nice to meet you.”

Sam shook Castiel’s hand and then crawled into the back of the impala. Castiel sat in the passenger’s seat and obviously Dean was driving. He never let anyone but himself touch that car. He liked to call it his baby. Personally Sam didn’t see what the big deal was, sure it was a nice car but that was it.

Before they started driving, Dean pulled out his phone. Sam leaned forward and looked at the screen; thankfully it read ‘One new message.’

“Is it from Dad?” He asked with a worried expression.

Dean nodded slowly, “He says they are okay. It’s fine to come home.”

“Are they at home?”

“I don’t know Sam.”

Castiel looked from one brother to the other and Sam cracked a smile at the even more confused look that was now one the poor boy’s face.

“Am I interrupting something?” Castiel asked with a hesitant voice.

Dean shook his head “No, everything is fine. We just had a scare at our house earlier, that’s all.”

Castiel nodded and Sam sat back in his seat, buckling his seat belt as Dean pulled out of the driveway and began to speed down the road. It was normal for Dean to go over the speed limit while driving, he was lucky because he never got caught. One day though, Sam knew the police were going to catch him. No one was that lucky!

They arrived at their house and Dean pulled expertly into the driveway. Their parents were still out and Sam didn’t know whether to take that as a good or bad sign. They all clambered out of the car and walked into the house.

“Sam, me and Cas are going to be upstairs studying. You need anything just come knock on the door okay?” Dean said as he motioned for Castiel to follow him up the stairs.

Sam gave a small nod and watched them go “I better not hear anything from down here Dean.”

His brother turned and gave him the best glare he had. Sam knew what went through Dean’s mind some times, even if his brother tried to deny it at times.

Dean pointed at Sam and said “Sammy. Just shut up.” And then he followed Castiel up the stairs and they were gone.

Sam’s eyes stayed on the stairwell for a long time and then he moved into the dining room and took a seat at the table there. He reached into his bag and began to take out the binders for the subjects he had homework in.